ZWave error- again

This is the second time this has happened. When I open the ZWaveJS2MQTT Control Panel, I get this:

The last time this happened, I had to reboot the host to get my ZWave devices back in the control panel.

What is causing this error? Is there a better way to recover without a host reboot?

(HaOS on an Intel NUC)

Sounds like you have both the Z-Wave JS add-on, and the zwavejs2mqtt add-on running at the same time, so they compete over access to the USB stick. Rebooting just means you reset the fight, one add-on being the winner.

If you want to use zwavejs2mqtt, follow the instructions to switch. If you’ve already switched, and your integration is configured for zwavejs2mqtt, then you simply need to uninstall the official add-on.

Well, yes. The migration instructions are remarkably confusing. I followed Option 2 in Z-Wave - Home Assistant because I am running Home Assistant OS. Nowhere was I instructed to delete anything.

No, I can’t. If I disable the official add-on, the devices in the UI are back, but all devices are unavailable. If I re-enable the official add-on, my devices are available again.

Just when I thought I would like Z-Wave again…

Should I remove the zwavejs2mqtt add-on and start over?

Post the Server URL your integration is configured for so we can be sure which add-on is being used in HA.

Thanks. Your assistance is appreciated.

diagnostics

This is with both add-ons running.

That means you are using zwavejs2mqtt. Disabling or uninstalling the official add-on should have no effect.

Except when I disable the official add-on, all of my devices are unavailable. This is why I suspect that I should remove the ZWave JS MQTT add on, reinstall it and start over.

Unless you have two instances of the integration installed, then HA is not talking to the official add-on in any manner. Perhaps try disabling the official add-on, then restarting the z2m add-on. If there is still a problem, please post HA logs, screen shot of the integration, of devices, or anything else that might help troubleshoot.

I would have bet a paycheck that I did this already, but that works now.

And now…

Question: How important is security and why didn’t it migrate with the devices?