ZWave issues

I’m really hoping someone can help me with this!

First issue:
I have several “aeotec ZW075 Smart Switch Gen5” that I know can report power usage. Unfortunately all of mine only report a static figure (74.8 for the tv one which is turned off - on openhab 2 it reports around 3 for power usage in this state)

Second issue:
I have two Aeotech DSC18103 Micro Smart Switch (2nd Edition) wall switches (connected to lights) that I can turn on through hass but don’t get updated when turned on at the switch (again this worked for oh2). Both of these devices also only have the following sensors: previous_reading and unknown

Any help would be really appreciated!

If you upgraded from a previous version, did you copy the options.xml into your hass configuration directory?

Does Zwave Control Panel Report it as an Aeotec ZW075? If yes, there are parameters you can check or set in the control panel for reporting: https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/blob/master/config/aeotec/zw075.xml

You might have to enable polling in your Zwave: parameters for lights or switches to obtain the proper state:

Please also see the post here: Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter polling interval issue that strangely enough might answer both of your questions…

1 Like

Probably should have included this from the start!

It is correctly identified - but the “current values” just look odd.

This is my configuration for it - I don’t see anything obvious to change:

I think with these switches the issue is that current values does’t have a sensor for current power usage. For completion this is the information section:

I’ll do a bit more digging with the Aeotec DSC18103

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

It looks like changing notification status to hail, and clicking on the nodes and selecting refresh node info might have solved most of my issues. I’ll try it for a few days and let you know!

Thanks for your help

Ross

As the first issue seems to be resolved I’ll just mention you should always set appropriate values for power and energy reports, if such parameters are available. If a Z-Wave switch only controls a 9W LED bulb and the threshold is 25W no report will be sent until the node is polled.

Status updates for the Micro Smart Switch are not sent to the Lifeline group (or any other group) by default. You need to set Parameter 80 to an appropriate value. The value 1 (Hail) should work fine.

The parameter mentioned above goes for the new Nano Switch/Dimmer series as well.

I have the same issue with the micro smart switch, the state is not reflected if it is used from the physical switch … can you please help me: where do I find the settings for hail mode? The zwave control panel does not show there are options to configure for this switch, unlike my other zwave nodes?

What’s the make and model of your switch. It might be that you’ve got a different revision and yours doesn’t support Hail.

I assume it shows up with the manufacturer name and model when you view the zwave. entity in the dev-states (<>) view?

It’s the Aeotec microswitch 2nd Edition DSC-26103.

It supports Hail, so it should be good. You’re saying you’ve nothing in the control panel when you select the node and scroll down?

Exactly. Unlike my other zwave devices that expose config parameters in ozwcp or hass, the microswitch doesn’t show config options. I want to try locating parameter 8 in the config file and see if that will work. Will also post back with Aeotec’s support response if I get further. Good to know its working, just gotta find out where.

Using

{ "node_id": "15", "parameter": "80", "value": "2", “size”: “1” }

Works for reflecting switch state in Hass although the zwave panel and ozwcp don’t show the option. Now off to figure out why the options aren’t visible. Thanks guys!

@kahka
Sounds like exactly what I’m seeing…
Where does that config you mentioned go?
And did you ever figure out why none of those options shows up in the control panel?

That is the service call zwave.set_config_parameter which pushes zwave config changes. I use it for example to change the secondary chime melody on my dome siren, because that feature was not exposed for the siren when I first got it.

Turns out that in my specific case for the switch, it depends on whether the device has full support through OZW,

i.e. how complete your device parameter definition is on OZW. Usually removing and readding the node after a few months worked fine for nodes that have incomplete config parameters, provided this device has received OZW updates in the meantime.

Which dome Siren do you use?

This one.

Thank you very much