Zwave_js auto downloading and installing on every reboot

Why is zwave_js beeing downloaded and installed automatically on every reboot?

I’m uninstalling/deleting the plugin, and rebooting - when I’m up and running again, the zwave_js has been downloaded and started.

21-03-06 13:38:28 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Stopping addon_core_zwave_js application
21-03-06 13:38:32 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Cleaning addon_core_zwave_js application
21-03-06 13:38:37 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Removing image homeassistant/amd64-addon-zwave_js with latest and 0.1.10
21-03-06 13:38:38 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Removing add-on data folder /data/addons/data/core_zwave_js
21-03-06 13:38:38 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.discovery] Delete discovery to Home Assistant zwave_js from core_zwave_js
21-03-06 13:38:38 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons] Add-on 'core_zwave_js' successfully removed
21-03-06 13:38:38 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.discovery] Discovery d08535b192754024a0c6e0a3a5428170 message send
21-03-06 13:41:48 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Restarting homeassistant/intel-nuc-homeassistant
21-03-06 13:41:48 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API error: Received message 8:1000 is not str
21-03-06 13:41:48 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API connection is closed
21-03-06 13:41:48 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API error: Received message 8:1000 is not str
21-03-06 13:41:48 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API connection is closed
21-03-06 13:41:58 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Wait until Home Assistant is ready
21-03-06 13:42:06 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons] Creating Home Assistant add-on data folder /data/addons/data/core_zwave_js
21-03-06 13:42:06 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image homeassistant/amd64-addon-zwave_js with tag 0.1.10.
21-03-06 13:42:16 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons] Add-on 'core_zwave_js' successfully installed
21-03-06 13:42:17 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [supervisor.docker.addon] Starting Docker add-on homeassistant/amd64-addon-zwave_js with version 0.1.10
21-03-06 13:42:18 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.discovery] Sending discovery to Home Assistant zwave_js from core_zwave_js

Hi,

I had the same problem. I use zwavejs2mqtt and HA kept installing the standard zwavejs add-on which then could never start as the usb stick was already in use. I would uninstall but it would come back after a restart.

In my case, I had to remove the integration (configuration–>integrations) and then add it back and tick the “do not used the zwave js addon”.

I had previously done this but somehow that “tick” must have been deleted somewhere.

Hope that helps.

Simon

Oh that sucks. That means renaming all the entities again, right?
I have this same problem. Hopefully they’ll fix the integration to not do this, because I don’t want to rename all those entities. What’s worse is, even though the start on boot is disabled, it keeps starting anyway.

go inside config\.storage\core.config_entries, find "title": "Z-Wave JS", about 5 lines down from that will be a field "use_addon": true,. Change that to "use_addon": false,

Home Assistant Core needs to be OFF when doing this.

EDIT: Might also need to change "integration_created_addon": false to false as well

2 Likes

The ever present, always helpful @petro Thanks!!

Just FYI, this is what mine looks like before I change it.
use_addon: true
integation_created_addon: false

I made the change, rebooted and can confirm that the zwavejs addon did not return.
Thanks again petro.

@larronni would be helpful for others to make petro’s answer as the solution.

1 Like

@petro would you please provide more context what the files does and why the entry is not removed by itself. what will happen if one want to switch back to ZWave JS will that work or does the file need to be edited again.

i am asking as i am not a fan of “hacks” and would consider this as issue/bug as the ha core should either put this autom. to false or delete the whole section about ZWave JS

edit: reading the docs i would expect the AddOn uninstaller to clean up that section as per

any feedback appreciated

thx
PX80

It’s the config entry for the zwavejs integration. It manages the startup process for zwave js in home assistant core.

It’s not a bug. Normally, you’d uninstall the zwavejs integration which would wipe out this entry. However, if you want to switch to Zwave JS US (formerly zwavejs2mqtt) and maintain your naming convention, you need to go this route. This isn’t a supported thing to do.

thx. so you are saying because i migrated to zwavejs2mqtt this is somewhat expected behavior and i need to follow the workaround suggest. Also people who started of ( or from scratch ) with zwavejs2mqtt doesnt exhibit this phänomen?

Rgds
PX80

Yes

Correct

1 Like