Zwave js - can't change Aeotec ZWA002 LED lamp color

Hi,

First off, let me know if this is not the correct forum to post this subject, and moderators feel free to move it to the proper place if you deem fit.

Here’s my system info for reference and debug purposes:

HASS: core-2021.2.1
Supervisor: 2021.01.7
HASS OS: 5.10
Frontend: 20210127.7 - latest
Z-Wave JS to MQTT: 0.2.3
Z-Wave JSDriver: 6.1.1
Z-Wave JSServer: 1.0.0-beta.3
App: 1.0.3

So, I was using OZWave and wanted to jump into the new Z-Wave JS, and having just a few devices felt it was better and easier to just start from scratch and let the ZW JS discover all devices from zero.

It all went very well, all recognized at first try, as expected as all devices are from Aeotec, and therefore all supposedly supported and well known.

However, on one of them, the ZWA002 LED color bulb something very strange happened: all its attributes are well picked up and listed on Z-Wave JS to MQQT control panel, but alas there is no way I can change the lamp color (not via UI nor via service call).

Device is correctly detected and identified:

Most strangely for me the control GUI still displays the color wheel, but whatever color I pick does nothing:

As you can see in the log, the command is not properly handled when we try to change the color:

I have several automations calling the light.turn_on service with RGB data such as:

rgb_color:
brightness: 100

But with the above service call only the brightness is set, as expected, all RGB info won’t work.

The only way I found to change the colors is to do it via Z-Wave MQQT add-on control panel by changing the property fields directly.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Is this something a user can fix or must I wait for HASS next release?

If this is indeed a bug, where should I post this info to help the developers?

Thanks in advance,
-jprates

The discovery package is probably not configured correct.

If you go to the Home Assistant inside the ZwaveJs2mqtt web ui you should be able to find the discovery package.

Thanks for the hint, now I need to learn about the so called discovery package, which till now didn’t know it existed at all.

The original problem seems to have been already addressed and fixed, let’s wait for a new release containing the fix.

Meanwhile since for now the zwavejs2mqqt container package seems to be the one leading the way in terms of features and fixes, I’ve changed my config to use it and all is working as a charm already.

I could be wrong but I think that only applies if you’re using over MQTT…

If you are using Z-Wave JS integration, you are connecting over the web-socket and has nothing to do with MQTT or it’s related settings

Correct. More or less…it’s not a matter of the integration but the add-on.
That tab didn’t load anything using Z-WaveJS add-on, but it works on the zwavejs2mqqt container.
Both choices work with the Z-WaveJS integration, since this is a server side feature.

1 Like

That is correct, but one of the screenshots and the text indicated that it is zwavejs2mqtt

1 Like