Zwave-JS Migration Wizard troubles

I do wonder if having a inventory of devices and known issues / workarounds would be helpful? Would also help folks with selecting new devices.

I too am having the same issue where the migration wizard says no devices can be migrated. Is there no hope of getting the wizard to work? Has anyone found a solution?

I, too, ran into nothing but trouble with migrating - 3 different times. Very frustrated over the whole thing, but in the end, after recovering from backup 3 times, I’ve decided to remain on 2022.3 for the time being. I have about ~30 nodes on my network. Rebuilding it would be a multi-day operation that I frankly don’t have the energy to fight with it. Migration should be a relatively simple, bundled-in, process. Not all these hoops to jump through. I love HA and appreciate all the hard work the developers have put into it, but this, quite frankly, and lack for a better word, sucks.

I sincerely hope others who choose to go down the migration path have a better experience. If so, I might give it another go sometime down the road.

1 Like

Reinterviewing didn’t work. still one channel of the double switch is missing and as no corresponding switch entity.

Edit: Finally got that beast up and running. I had to disable and enable the switch entity.

I hear you. I’ve been working on a parallel system for 4 weeks (swapping the zwave stick between them), I think I’m actually close now to having all my issue resolved, the entity mapping perfected in excel and ready for a cutover. The nice thing about doing it parallel, is I’m under no pressure - work on the new system for an hour or two make some progress, then switch back. Don’t feel like battling it today…no worries :grinning:.

so after migration I’ve noticed that in my case uwagę js is not reliable for production:

Some covers won’t report their position.
One qubino node is marked dead after a while and the only thing that helps is to restart Home Assistant.

Never had any issues with ozw. So even if the nodes have some bady implementation of zwave protocol, it was handled better by the old integration. that’s to bad that we were sort of forced into the new z-wave-js integration.

Respectfully disagree with your assessment. z-wave js is reliable for production. I have been using it since it came out and it keeps getting better. I started with a clean slate and removed and re-added all my nodes (89 devices in total). Yes it is a pain to remove and re-add devices but it has just worked so I consider the pain of removing all the devices worth it. z-wave js is also being actively maintained so that alone makes it worth it.