ZWave JS Motion

Hi All, finally bit the bullet on the weekend and moved my ZWave to JS… However, the automation I have for motion detection on my Aeotec has changed and scratching my head on how to resolve - although apologies, I daresay it’s been covered, but I haven’t found the answer yet. The automation trigger used to be:

trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_burglar
    to: '8'

But now the sensor is a binary and I’ve tried On/Off, True/False, (and quoted versions of both of those), “Clear”/“Detected” (as it appears in the dashboard, but none seem to work. Core log says:

2021-10-17 21:18:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [automation]: expected str for dictionary value @ data['to']. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 131). 

What’s the correct translation for this trigger please - apologies, it should be obvious but I’m clearly having a brain fade moment :frowning:

Thanks

It most likely is “to: on” or "to: off, look at the sensor state in the Developer Tools.

trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.living_room_motion
    to: 'on'

Thanks, I have tried “on” and “off” as that’s what the dev tools showed (I looked there :wink: )… Perhaps it’s a case issue… (or did you mean to wrap the "to: " in the quotes also?