Zwave JS request to invert covers

I’d would like to request an option to invert covers in the new zwave JS, similar to the old native zwave integration:

cover.fibaro_system_fgrm222_roller_shutter_controller_2_level:
invert_openclose_buttons: true
invert_percent: true

see discussion in: Zwave JS invert cover

Thanks a lot!!!

Hello!.

Same problem with my 5 Fibaro FGBS-222 with ZWAVE.JS intégration.

Cover switches are invierted.

If I edit configuration.yaml with ‘invert_openclose_buttons: true’ then HA creares à New intégration ZWAVE (deprecated) so getting 2 intégrations for ZWAVE (deprecated + JS).

Inverting physical wires is not a solution because FIBARO manual.

With Domoticz (my previous setup), everything was working perfect (no need to invert configuration. The problem is ZWAVE.js

2 Likes

any news on this?

i came from Homee System where you have that invert option in the settings of z-wave covers/shutters.
i also can use tilting for venetian blinds and save tilt positions.

in z-wave js i dont have that tilt option - is this still not implemented or do i have to go some extra steps to get tilting in Home Assistant? on the z-wave device side the Fibaro are in Venetian blind mode.

ANy news? Would be happy.

Also here same problem in Domoticz it was just a setting to inverse would be great if ha has the same

1 Like

Same here. Strange it’s not available - doesn’t look like rocket science - anyone who can help us in the right direction?

Just want to pin my workaround here just in case you have the same issue:

is still not standard in zwavejs?
I just was looking to change exactly this

• invert buttons
  • invert percentage

No change unfortunately… Thank you for voting!!!

please also like / comment / push here:

its maybe closer to the devs and they can see the demand better

thanks

This feature request is for the Z-Wave JS integration. That project has nothing to do with how the integration is implemented and there is nothing they can do that would solve this.

I don’t know… it doesn’t seem clear?

Are you using zwavejs integration? If so you should open your issue on hass repo not here, I have no control on how they create their entities

mh ok
but hass repo asks that feature requests are on the forum here.
If I filter for Zwave tags and Feature Request … Inverting Buttons and Percentage for Cover entitiy are Top 2 and 3 requests. Wonder how to get attention on this by a an actual dev.

@JoostHman
Hey after a discussion on Discord with involved people it seems unlikely that this will become a zwave Integration reality.

Can you add “Core” and “Cover” Tags to the request. Maybe more luck there.

@thesebastianf I added “Cover” tag, but “Core” doesn’t exist as a tag. Thanks a lot for your support :+1: Any further ideas on how we can locate the right involved people? :slight_smile: