Zwave-js - slow and lagging response

I have recently migrated from legacy zwave component to the new jwave-js. The new integration works pretty nice but i have some performance issus.

My network has 14 device, 10 of them are fibaro roller shutter (v2 and v3).

I usually use my google home to open/close all my cover with the command “ok google, close all cover”. With the old integrations this works perfectly and all the cover open/close instantly but with the new one the google home tells me "an unknow error … ". After the command the covers open/close but whit lag of several seconds (more than 10) and one a time.

I already tried to heal the network but i have no performance benefit.

Any ideas?

I don’t know if it’s useful but i have a lot of this message in the registry

2021-07-13T09:29:08.080Z CNTRLR   [Node 011] Timed out while waiting for a response from the node
2021-07-13T09:29:19.008Z CNTRLR   [Node 007] Timed out while waiting for a response from the node
2021-07-13T09:29:29.421Z CNTRLR   [Node 010] Timed out while waiting for a response from the node
2021-07-13T09:29:43.253Z CNTRLR   [Node 011] Timed out while waiting for a response from the node

Had something similar on my network with different shutters. The command being sent ends up being change cover from position X to Y. This is done for each shutter separately. As they are moving, they update the network with their new position as they do it, potentially multiple times. It floods the network with traffic.

I tried two options 1 - use a script to run the action of open/close shutter, put in a wait of 1 or 2s between each command. Doesn’t reduce traffic but spreads it out in a more predictable manner. That worked fine. 2 - use a script to invoke a multi-cast command to the shutters. This turned out to be instant response and I haven’t checked network traffic to see how that changed overall. I don’t know about hooking that up to Google as I don’t use that use case.

1 Like

Ok I will try but my network is the same from legacy zwave to zwave-js so i also think the network traffic is the same or not?

It depends entirely on the component implementation (which drives how it uses the network and which commands it issues)

Use the multicast service (zwave_js.multicast_set_value) for commanding multiple blinds at once.