Zwave momentary switch

I have been slowly adding to my setup and recently acquired a Remotec ZFM-80 that I am trying to use as a momentary switch to activate my garage door opener via the relay terminals. This is my first zwave device but I have it setup on the HAAS screen and can turn it on & off.

How can I create a scene or timer to make it momentary? I need it to turn on for a second or 2 maybe then turn off automatically.

I do have the control panel installed and working but did not see anything that really helped me and have not found any good documentation on using the scene option in there.

I use a delay in one of my theater scenes that puts the lights at 100%, then after a 2:00 minute runs a dimmed version of the same scene in a slow transition (nice fade down effect!). I would think you could use the delay the same way.

- alias: 'Theater Lights'
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: group.mediaswitches
    state: 'on'
  condition:
    condition: sun
    after: sunset
    after_offset: "-00:45:00"
  action:
    - service: scene.turn_on
      entity_id: scene.sunset
    - delay: 00:01:30
    - service: scene.turn_on
      entity_id: scene.sunset_dimmed

In your case, you’d run the turn on action, then the delay, then the turn off action.

1 Like

I was using this relay to do the exact same thing. Let me find the config I had running. Side note though, the ZFM-80 kept going to a presumed dead state on my zwave network. I believe it was a range issue, it was only about 20 ft and 2 walls away from my zstick gen 5. I ended up returning it to Amazon.

1 Like

This is a script I’d call to open the garage.

# Garage door opener
sequence:
- event: LOGBOOK_ENTRY
  event_data:
    name: EVENT
- service: switch.turn_on
  data:
    entity_id: switch.remotec_zfm80_switch_5

And then I used an automation triggered periodically to make sure the relay always returned to the normally open state.

trigger:
  - platform: time
    seconds: '/5'
condition:
  - condition: state
    state: "on"
action:
  - service: switch.turn_off
    data:
2 Likes

That definitely seems to work on the testing bench! Thank you!!! I’ve spent at least 5 hours working on this so I greatly appreciate the help!

Well… this is embarrassing. Turns out my Genie SilentMax1000 needs something a little fancier than a short to the terminals to trigger the door. I never even contemplated that it used something other than a simple open/close switch.

Thank you for the help either way!