Zwave not working with 0.107.0

Hi.
I had the same problem and prepared to configure the QT-OpenZWave integration. I commented out my ZWave configuration in configuration.yaml and restarted. Then the old ZWave integration started to work. I realized i had configuration in core.config_entries as well.

I have the feeling that 0.107.1 is also buggy on other topics. I have some diagrams, whihc are stopping to wokr after some hours. Going back to 0.106.6 now.

I spent all day yesterday getting 106.6 back up. Today I did A test run of 107.5 and everything see was smooth. I did not see any zwave issue.

Zwave and ZHA both do not work anymore for me after updating from 106.6 to 107.5. Downgraded to 106.6 as well.

No logs = no issue.

is this like „no test - no corona“?

i posted logs above, not sure if there is something more?

I was responding to the person immediately above me.

Same problem for me, tried again today but it does not work.

Completely remove the old container and not use the “clear container” command, seems to help with the problem. I removed the old container, and I removed the old download, download the container again and started again and then z-wave seems to start.
It is a bit early to say but it seems that this fix the problem.

There is also a new HA Release:

Release 0.107.6 - March 24

Not sure if this maybe fixes it.

I believe the 0.107.6 release broke it for me, it was working with 0.107.5 but decided to update to the latest .7 and now zwave is down :frowning:

Logs? Where are they?

1 Like

The only change related to zwave in 0.107.0 release is this one here. It simply bumps homeassistant-pyozw requirement from version 0.1.8 to 0.1.9 (and then to 0.1.10 in HA 0.107.6 release).

Two questions:

1. On a 0.107.x HA installation where zwave is broken, would it be possible to manually change the zwave manifest.json file to set the version back to 0.1.8? Then after rebooting HA we could see if it resolves the issue.
  2. Does someone understand what has changed in this homeassistant-pyozw 0.1.9 version? I’ve found the PyPI Project and the related github repo, but I just can’t find a meaningful list of commits that are included in this release…

Yes I saw that, but it’s only binary packages. Where is the underlying code? I want to see some code!!

I suspect here https://github.com/home-assistant/open-zwave

I am on 107.1 and it is working fine with zwave. But if I try to upgrade beyond that I get all kind of warnings from config checker that it will trash Zwave if I upgrade.

I am going to make a snapshot (and also Ubuntu just in case) and see what happens…

Be specific. What do they say? The crystal balls are down.

1 Like

` > [19:26:26] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 0.107.7

[19:26:26] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking…
[19:26:26] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version…
[19:34:47] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[19:34:47] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of colorlog==4.1.0
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of PyNaCl==1.3.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of aiohttp_cors==0.7.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of hass-nabucasa==0.32.2
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of home-assistant-frontend==20200318.1
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of sqlalchemy==1.3.13
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of HAP-python==2.7.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of defusedxml==0.6.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of netdisco==2.6.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of xmltodict==0.12.0
WARNING:homeassistant.components.automation:The ‘hide_entity’ option (with value ‘True’) is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.110
WARNING:homeassistant.components.automation:The ‘hide_entity’ option (with value ‘True’) is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.110
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of mutagen==1.43.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of gTTS-token==1.1.3
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of somecomfort==0.5.2
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of distro==1.4.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pushbullet.py==0.11.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of homeassistant-pyozw==0.1.10
ERROR:homeassistant.util.package:Unable to install package homeassistant-pyozw==0.1.10: ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /usr/local/bin/python -u -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"’/tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py’“'”‘; file=’“'”‘/tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py’“'”‘;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’“‘open’”’“‘, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’”‘"’
‘"’“', '”‘"’
‘"’“');f.close();exec(compile(code, file, '”‘“‘exec’”’"‘))’ bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-_l91u7e3 --python-tag cp37
cwd: /tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/
Complete output (17 lines):
sysargv [‘/tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py’, ‘bdist_wheel’, ‘-d’, ‘/tmp/pip-wheel-_l91u7e3’, ‘–python-tag’, ‘cp37’]
Found SETUP_DIR : /tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw
<pyozw_setup.EmbedTemplate object at 0x7f16c339a7d0>
{‘name’: ‘libopenzwave’, ‘sources’: [‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/python-openzwave/src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.cpp’], ‘include_dirs’: [‘src-lib/libopenzwave/’, ‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/cpp/src’, ‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/cpp/src/value_classes’, ‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/cpp/src/platform’, ‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/cpp/build/linux’], ‘define_macros’: [(‘PY_LIB_VERSION’, ‘0.1.10’), (‘PY_SSIZE_T_CLEAN’, 1), (‘PY_LIB_FLAVOR’, ‘embed’), (‘PY_LIB_BACKEND’, ‘cpp’)], ‘libraries’: [‘udev’, ‘stdc++’, ‘resolv’], ‘extra_objects’: [‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/libopenzwave.a’], ‘extra_compile_args’: , ‘extra_link_args’: , ‘language’: ‘c++’}
[‘six’, ‘PyDispatcher>=2.0.5’]
running bdist_wheel
running build
running build_openzwave
Found g++ : None
Found gcc : None
Found make : None
Found gmake : None
Found cython : None
Found pkg-config : None
fetching https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/python-openzwave/hass/archives/open-zwave-hass-0.1.10.zip into openzwave-embed/open-zwave.zip for version 0.1.10
Clean openzwave in openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass … be patient …
error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘make’: ‘make’

ERROR: Failed building wheel for homeassistant-pyozw
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /usr/local/bin/python -u -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"’/tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py’“'”‘; file=’“'”‘/tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py’“'”‘;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’“‘open’”’“‘, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’”‘"’
‘"’“', '”‘"’
‘"’“');f.close();exec(compile(code, file, '”‘“‘exec’”’"‘))’ clean --all
cwd: /tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw
Complete output (8 lines):
sysargv [‘/tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py’, ‘clean’, ‘–all’]
<pyozw_setup.EmbedTemplate object at 0x7f0726463710>
{‘name’: ‘libopenzwave’, ‘sources’: [‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/python-openzwave/src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.cpp’], ‘include_dirs’: [‘src-lib/libopenzwave/’, ‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/cpp/src’, ‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/cpp/src/value_classes’, ‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/cpp/src/platform’, ‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/cpp/build/linux’], ‘define_macros’: [(‘PY_LIB_VERSION’, ‘0.1.10’), (‘PY_SSIZE_T_CLEAN’, 1), (‘PY_LIB_FLAVOR’, ‘embed’), (‘PY_LIB_BACKEND’, ‘cpp’)], ‘libraries’: [‘udev’, ‘stdc++’, ‘resolv’], ‘extra_objects’: [‘openzwave-embed/open-zwave-hass/libopenzwave.a’], ‘extra_compile_args’: , ‘extra_link_args’: , ‘language’: ‘c++’}
running clean

ERROR: Failed cleaning build dir for homeassistant-pyozw
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
‘"’“', '”‘"’
‘"’“');f.close();exec(compile(code, file, '”‘“‘exec’”’“‘))’ install --record /tmp/pip-record-3zp91hm_/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile
cwd: /tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/
Complete output (16 lines):
sysargv [‘/tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py’, ‘install’, ‘–record’, ‘/tmp/pip-record-3zp91hm_/install-record.txt’, ‘–single-version-externally-managed’, ‘–compile’]
<pyozw_setup.EmbedTemplate object at 0x7f1a7712c950>
running install
flavor embed
running build_openzwave
Found g++ : None
Found gcc : None
Found make : None
Found gmake : None
Found cython : None
Found pkg-config : None
----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /usr/local/bin/python -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '”‘"’/tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py’“'”‘; file=’“'”‘/tmp/pip-install-0jkjnebm/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py’“'”‘;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’“‘open’”’“‘, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’”‘"’
‘"’“', '”‘"’
‘"’“');f.close();exec(compile(code, file, '”‘“‘exec’”’"‘))’ install --record /tmp/pip-record-3zp91hm_/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile Check the logs for full command output.
WARNING: You are using pip version 19.2.2, however version 20.0.2 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ‘pip install --upgrade pip’ command.
Failed config
General Errors:
- Component error: zwave - Requirements for zwave not found: [‘homeassistant-pyozw==0.1.10’].

Successful config (partial)`

Well done, that will surely give someone some clue as to what is going on. Any comments @pvizeli??

1 Like