Zwave on Synology DSM 7?

I believe the topic is clear: Synology stopped supporting these devices, and the community has to find its own ways to get them working again.

They can’t test every single device on earth to list as supported device.
As it stands, the device in question is working fine, no issues whatsoever, and the system is stable.

But the solution Synology chose for DSM7 (just remove all support) is a like trying to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

Hi all
I’m have been a SmartThings user for 6 years, and I’m on the edge of trying out Home Assisstant using Docker on my Synology NAS, and with the Aeotec Z-Stick 7.

1. I have not updated to DSM 7 yet. It looks like many of you have had success of getting z-wave stick working on DSM 7, so would you recommend updating to DSM 7, or would you recommend to hold on?

2. I am NOT a linux person, at all!
    Does anyone have a link to the best guide on how to install HA on Synology DSM 7 (if you can recommend updating to 7) AND getting connection to Zwave stick to work?
    I find various guides out there, but they are for DSM 6.

Thank you in advance

Hi All, I noticed Jadahl published DSM 7.0 USB drivers. Anybody had a chance to try it? I am on DS918+ with zzh (CC2652R) and Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 USB devices.

1 Like

sudo insmod /lib/modules/usbserial.ko > /dev/null 2>&1
sudo insmod /lib/modules/ftdi_sio.ko > /dev/null 2>&1
sudo insmod /lib/modules/cdc-acm.ko > /dev/null 2>&1
sudo insmod /lib/modules/cp210x.ko > /dev/null 2>&1
sudo insmod /lib/modules/ch341.ko > /dev/null 2>&1

I’m a relative newby when it comes this. I prepared to moved to DSM7 by moving from Docker to a VM. The move went smoothly. The Zwave stick worked. I thought that now was the time to upgrade. After the upgrade the USB stick still appears in the config for the VM, but I can’t seem to find in in HA. Is there a better thread or has any progress been made with this?

I updated to dms 7 today and my conbee2 and Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 stick is not showing up :frowning:

edit
if i ssh with sudo and type this 3 lines after every nas reeboot it works:

modprobe usbserial
modprobe ftdi_sio
modprobe cdc-acm

Any better automatic way ?

1 Like

Did you try ?

Took the plunge: upgraded from 6.2.3 to DSM 7.0-41890 on my DS220+

Fixed the bootup script, and my Conbee 2 is recognized every time. Docker starts and Zigbee integration in HASS works fine.

I actually did not have to install any .(k)o - everything just worked. If this changes as a result of a later update, I’ll see what’s needed.

Edit: my config uses /dev/ttyACM0 - I do not bother installing serial drivers any more to get a /dev/serial/.... device

3 Likes

thx! :slight_smile: works

Is there any chance that you have USB coral stick to test if it works ?

For me cc2652rb still is not detected on Synology DSM 7. Anyone succeed?

Did you install the cp210x.ko driver first?
You can download the driver here: http://www.jadahl.com/

Then run:
sudo insmod /lib/modules/usbserial.ko
sudo insmod /lib/modules/cp210x.ko

Regards
Jadahl

Buy me one and I’ll test it for you.

When I was looking at your (that) site last week, it was having intermittent connectivity issues. Sometimes responding, sometimes dead.

Server crash :slight_smile:

Thank you!

I was waiting for cc2652rb.ko … but it is cp210x.ko.

Hi all,

I just opened a specific thread on a new issue related to this one, that I felt it was better to have in a separate thread on its own.

For those of you using Z-Stick Gen5 it might be worth taking a read and participate:

@Jumbotroll, I found your bluetooth .ko files: Index of /iperf-arp-scan/DSM_7.0/apollolake/apollolake-BT/New
But had some error:
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/bluetooth.ko: Invalid module format
do you know if its working?