ZWave problems after 0.45.1 upgrade

My ZWave network has been working fine for years (in openhab originally, but now hass). Everything looks fine, and seems to work ok, however I’ve got a device now (a Vision ZD2102 door sensor) which will randomly trigger the lights to come on, or a switch to turn off. It doesn’t happen every time, but it has happened multiple times per day since the upgrade (to 0.45). I can see it in the logbook, and there’s no automations to do this (the entity for that light isn’t mentioned anywhere in the config).

Has anyone else had any ‘weird’ behaviour since the upgrade?

YES!

I have a motion sensor in one of my rooms and whenever the sensor would pick up motion it would turn all zwave devices in the opposite state it was in before the motion was detected. So anything that was off turned on and anything on would turn off. I had to take the batteries out of the sensor because after remove the node from Hass and even went to take the usb controller out of the server it would still happen.

The weird part is I upgraded to .45 and then .45.1 about a week before the odd behavior started.

I’m glad I’m not the only one and it might not be a sensor issue.

1 Like

I know you can configure ZWave devices into association groups where the network protocol itself will allow a device to react to a change to another device, however this seems to have ‘turned itself on’ without any interaction from me other than upgrading hass (and therefore python openzwave). I’ve no idea how to turn such behaviour off. I’m assuming that downgrading will fix it, but would love to know what’s actually going on so I can fix it properly before my wife goes insane.

EDIT: Yes, just like you I tried taking the usb z-stick out of the PC but it made no difference.

To clarify, this seems to be a behaviour where in 0.45.1 some (invisible) associations seem to be being set between z-wave devices meaning a change of state in one triggers an on/off in another. Now this has happened it doesn’t matter whether HASS is running or not, it still continues to occur. OZWSH can’t see any associations on the devices that would explain the behaviour. I’ve tried to downgrade to 0.44 but it’s still happening. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Having gone back briefly to openhab and it’s zwave tool habmin, I was able to set SWITCH_ALL_EXCLUDED on the wall switches, and set all nodes as non-members of the association group on the sensor, and this worked (nothing out of the ordinary happens when opening the doors). As soon as I started hass the behaviour recommenced. I’ve had to take the batteries out of the sensors for now, until someone can get to the bottom of it.

You said your device was a Vision device? So was the 4 in 1 motion sensor. I might have to get a different sensor until something can be fixed.

I’m just glad it’s not me or my system!

I have the same problem with ZP3111 Multisensor 4in1 (zooz 4-in-1).
All was fine, then all ON messages. 1-2 minutes later all OFF messages.

45.1 has been an nightmare for me. The zWave handling needs more work.

Taking out the batteries stopped the behavior.

Have you had any success with 0.48? I’ve still got sensors without batteries installed.

No. Same problems.