Zwave Remote switch / Scene controller

We have a bedroom which has no switches by the bed to turn off the central lights. My current plan is to add a Fibaro Dimmer 2 to the wall switch (UK 2 wire) and a couple of remote switches or buttons either side of the bed to turn the lights off. The problem seems to be that most of the remotes that I have looked at such as Fibaro Button. Aeotec Wallmote, seem either not to play well with HA or have poor reliability reviews.

Are there any suggestions for buttons or scene controllers that work well in HA?

I’m using the GoControl Scene Switch for exactly that purpose. I’m using it to control 3 devices - one button short-press toggles my bedside lamp, the other button short-press toggles a Sonoff power plug. A long-press on the top button turns on my ceiling fan to low speed and a long-press on the bottom button turns the fan off.

Thanks Finity, but like a lot of the interesting stuff, it does not seem to be available in Europe.

Has anyone got this to work with OpenZwave yet?

All I get back in HA for this device is
Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 9.07.50 AM
Nothing happens when I push the buttons in HA. In OZW I can see it register the button presses but nothing is passed over to HA.

Thanks.

Hi,

this topic is somewhat old, but since there is no answer, I let you know, what I came up with.
I have a different wall-controller, but it has the same entities, so it should work similar.

Open the “developer tools” and choose the “events” tab. On the bottom where it says “listen for events” enter “ozw.scene_activated” and hit start. Then press the button on your remote and you should get events. I got:

{
    "event_type": "ozw.scene_activated",
    "data": {
        "instance_id": 1,
        "node_id": 17,
        "scene_id": 1,
        "scene_label": "Scene 1",
        "scene_value_id": 1,
        "scene_value_label": "Pressed 1 Time"
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2021-01-30T15:35:31.575746+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "8ca2f6d8953fa62d87a1437da227d427",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

The I created an automation with an event-trigger and the values I found:
grafik

And it works perfectly

How do you see the events when you click “start listening”. Everyone says you should get events. I hit start listening, push the button, the led flashes but nothing changes on the page. Is a dialog box supposed to open? Is there a log that I should go to? How do you see the result?

Where do you see this? “you should get events” where do you see this? I don’t understand. where are the events shown. Where do you see this dialog?

Hi,
you need to put in the correct event.
ozw.scene_activated was correct for OpenZwave Integration.
If you now use ZwaveJS, it would be zwave_js_value_notification
Enter that and hit start.
Then you should get the event shown below if you activate your remote.

To test the listening function you could also enter * to listen to everything. But you will probably get a lot of events then.

see also:

1 Like

Very new to this so pardon my ignorance, but how do I create an automation to turn on a light when one of these buttons are pressed? Moving everything over from SmartThings and this was a PIA there too. I think I am close, but it wont let me create the automation rule based off of a condition of central scene and a trigger off of the switch but the gui wont let me add it