Zwave.set_config_parameter with big Value (13 bytes)

Hello,
After several searches on this forum and Google, I can’t find a solution to my case.
I would like to configure my ZWAVE Aeotec LED Bulb.
The value i would like to send is

• 0x01 (Size 1)
  • 0x01 (Size 1)
  • 0x00000032 (Size 4)
  • 0x01 (Size 1)
  • 0x14 (Size 1)
  • 0x01 (Size 1)
  • 0x0A8C (Size 2)
  • 0x1964 (Size 2)

I understand i need to translate 0x19640A8C011401000000320101 into a DEC = 2011665314248134872182601941249.
But when I test zwave.set_config_parameter I have the message “Failed to call service zwave/set_config_parameter. Python int too large to convert to C unsigned long”.

Is it possible to send RAW data for big number ? Or i need to split in multiple send (how?) ?

Thnaks in advance for your help.

Link of the Spec, look chapter 4.5

piece of my ZWCFG file

<CommandClass id="112" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
        <Instance index="1" />
        <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="1" label="Profile Buttons 1 &amp; 3" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="2>
                <Help>This parameter configures the behavior of the buttons 1 and 3 when the product is in &quot;Gateway Centric Mode&quot;</Help>
                <Item label="Scene Mode" value="0" />
                <Item label="Mono Mode" value="1" />
                <Item label="Duo Mode" value="2" />
        </Value>
        <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="2" label="Profile Buttons 2 &amp; 4" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="2>
                <Help>This parameter configures the behavior of the buttons 2 and 4 when the product is in &quot;Gateway Centric Mode&quot;</Help>
                <Item label="Scene Mode" value="0" />
                <Item label="Mono Mode" value="1" />
                <Item label="Duo Mode" value="2" />
        </Value>
        <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="3" label="Scene Type" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="1" vindex="0" si>
                <Help>This parameter configures the type of command sent when the product is in &quot;Gateway Centric Mode&quot;, with buttons profile configuration set in &quot;Scene Behavior&quot;.</>
                <Item label="Central Scene" value="0" />
                <Item label="Scene Activation" value="1" />
        </Value>
        <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="4" label="Action Button 1 Mono" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="2" vin>
                <Help>When button are set in Mono Button mode they can have 3 different behaviors : 1: They can directly control other nodes with Basic and multi-level command class 2: Send Switch All >
                <Item label="Control Group 2" value="0" />
                <Item label="All Switch ON" value="1" />
                <Item label="All Switch OFF" value="2" />
        </Value>
        <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="5" label="Action Button 2 Mono" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="2" vin>
                <Help>When button are set in Mono Button mode they can have 3 different behaviors : 1: They can directly control other nodes with Basic and multi-level command class 2: Send Switch All >
                <Item label="Control Group 3" value="0" />
        </Value>
        <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="6" label="Action Button 3 Mono" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="2" vin>
                <Item label="Control Group 4" value="0" />
        </Value>
        <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="7" label="Action Button 4 Mono" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="2" vin>
                <Item label="Control Group 5" value="0" />
        </Value>
        <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="8" label="Led Management" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="3" vindex="3>
                <Item label="Led OFF" value="0" />
                <Item label="Led Blink on button action" value="1" />
                <Item label="Led Blink on transmission result" value="2" />
                <Item label="Led Blink on button action and transmission result" value="3" />
        </Value>
</CommandClass>

You set each parameter individually, not all at once. If you are just setting these one time, and not as an automation, just use the Z-Wave control panel (Integrations -> Z-Wave -> Configure, I believe).

Hi @freshcoast . I would like a ZWave Switch button launch the “blink color” (Value Index 1 to ‘1’) with a delay of 2s (Value index 3 to 2000). I agree that i don’t need to set all the other for this need.
But how could i configure only the index 3 ?
zwave.set_config_parameter request something like
{
“node_id”: 5, <==My LED Bulb
“parameter”: 112, <== The Command Class ID
“value”: ??? <= If i don’t need to define all the byte, how could i set only one index ?
}

Your are right, i have the capacity to configure once my bulb’s option.
But how to change some of them regarding some events ?

Up. Any advice is welcome. Should i modify manually my ZWCFG to be able to address one by one ?

Hello. I somebody has any proposal to configure dynamically some Zware param, he is welcome :slight_smile:

This data would set parameter 4 (Set color that LED Bulb blinks) to the value of 1:

node_id: 5
parameter: 4
value: 1

You would repeat it individually for each parameter. You cannot set all parameters at one time.

Great. It works great. Thanks :slight_smile: