ZWave Thermostats Broken?

Is anyone else having issues with the new climate component and ZWave thermostats? I can see all of the sensors fine but the target heat reads null and can’t be set.

I opened an issue here.

I also experienced this problem and had opened an issue in the wee hours of the morning… I see your issue there and both issues have been referenced with the same fix. I had mixed results initially, testing again now with additional changes provided and rebooting to see if it works.

Ahh, didn’t see yours, sorry! I’ll go and check out the fix now - thanks for the heads up.

As an aside - do you know of an easy way to apply a fix like this to a regular pip installation (other than editing the python directly in the site lib) or are you running a dev version?

I just finished booting back up with the changes.

It is only partially fixed. The “temperature” attribute is no longer “null” as it reads the current target temperature when Home Assistant boots up, but that is as far as it goes. If you change the target temperature with the climate.set_temperature service, your physical thermostat on your wall will show the correct target temperature, but the “temperature” attribute will still say the pervious target temperature it read at boot up. So, it reads initially at bootup but will not reflect any further changes to the target temperature from that point forward. Going back to update the issue in github.

Cool - I’ll leave mine closed and track yours.

Ok, looks like the combination of two fixes did the job.

pull request #3017: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/3017
and
pull request #3023: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/3023

Great :slight_smile: Hopefully we’ll get a 0.27.1 with this in it - although to be honest, this time of year my Thermostats here on the USA East Coast are doing nothing at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well thats a good thing, then you can afford to wait for 0.27.1 instead of doing the pulls

1 Like

Lots of issues were discovered in climate after 0.27 was released. I expect to release 0.27.2 today or tomorrow at worst to fix all of these issues. @turbokongen is in charge of getting everything fixed and is working overtime to make sure it all is :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your hard work @robbiet480 and @turbokongen - FWIW, 0.27.1 fixed all my thermostat issues, so I am a happy camper :slight_smile:

Finally got a ZWave Aeon Gen5 stick, successfully paired with a trane zwave Thermostat.
Configure it using climate: zwave
I can see it as an Entity
But I’m unable to set the Temperature ranges. Changing modes do works properly. But not the Temperature
Under Auto mode, I hope I can change Cool and Heat ranges for COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT
is it possible?
Using OZW panel I’m able to change the Cooling and Heatign ranges

@RABCbot this issue will be fixed in 0.27.2 which should be out tonight.

Great news! Looking forward for the update. Super happy with Home-Assistant

@robbiet480 Updated to 0.27.2, Zwave/Climate seems is still broken. The Cool/Heat value are now showing as NULL. Let me know anything I can help to document issue. THANK YOU!!

Could you please provide the zwcfg_xxx.xml entry for this device?

zwcfg_0xc66d2420.xml (50.3 KB)

Not sure what else to try, dead in the water with the Climate control.
Here are the error logs, hope it helps

16-09-05 08:45:23 homeassistant.components.climate: Error while setting up platform zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 98, in _setup_platform
discovery_info)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/zwave.py”, line 66, in setup_platform
add_devices([ZWaveClimate(value, temp_unit)])
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/zwave.py”, line 93, in init
self.update_properties()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/zwave.py”, line 153, in update_properties
class_id=COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT).values():
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/openzwave-0.3.1-py3.4.egg/openzwave/node.py”, line 438, in get_values
for value in self.values:
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration
16-09-05 08:45:23 homeassistant.components.climate: Error while setting up platform zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 98, in _setup_platform
discovery_info)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/zwave.py”, line 66, in setup_platform
add_devices([ZWaveClimate(value, temp_unit)])
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/zwave.py”, line 93, in init
self.update_properties()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/zwave.py”, line 135, in update_properties
class_id=COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_FAN_MODE).values():
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/openzwave-0.3.1-py3.4.egg/openzwave/node.py”, line 438, in get_values
for value in self.values:
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

Current entities

Entity State Attributes
climate.trane_model_tzemt400bb32maa_cooling_1_2 unknown current_temperature: 74
fan_list: On Low,Auto Low
fan_mode: Auto Low
friendly_name: Cool1
max_temp: 95
min_temp: 45
node_id: 2
operation_list: Heat,Auto,Off,Aux Heat,Cool