Zwave2mqtt - aeotec trisensor - motion unknown

I have included a trisensor vi zwave2mqtt and the motion part sems to be unknown and I don’t know where to start… this is what I see:

in zwave2mqqt, it is reporting correctly:

in mqtt it is reporting several thing right like battery levele etc. but the “” is unknown.

So why is this unknown and don’t I see the motion being tripped and as a motion sensor in home assitant?

So I am trying things and did this:

palenghPål Engh

Mar 18

Motion sensors are created as _contact sensor with open/closed . In Home Assistant they are as door sensor. So you must customize device in customize.yaml :

Thank you, @jocnnor for helping me out and clarifying why I could not get this to work in the customize.yaml file.

This:

binary_sensor.*_contact:
  icon: mdi:walk
  device_class: motion

… need to go in the customize_glob: section in configuration.yaml , or in a separate customize_glob.yaml file if you prefer using the include statement:

homeassistant:
  customize_glob: !include customize_glob.yaml

Put the custom entry into configuration.yaml like this:

homeassistant:
  customize: !include customize.yaml
  customize_glob:
    "binary_sensor.*_contact":
      icon: mdi:walk
      device_class: motion

that gave me this:

but the state is not changed.

On motion I see only this change:

Really, is this a hard question?

Hi sender, I have this issue too… have you made progress on it?

No, went to qt openzwave. But that also has its flaws.

Looking at the OpenZWave debug output in your first picture, it appears that OZW is learning which notifications and alarm types the trisensor supports, and OZW doesn’t understand the types the trisensor says it uses (which seems a little surprising). So it appears to be a problem in OZW. Is it possible you are running an older version of OZW?