Zwave2mqtt HELP

So I am playing around with the new zwave2mqtt integration. I successfully added my Kwikset doorlock with control working in Home Assistant. But for the life of me I just can’t figure out why I can’t get my WADWAZ-1 from Nortek to work correctly.

From what I can tell, the device will add successfully and will report it’s initial state to Home Assistant but that’s it. It will stay in the sleeping state forever even when I close and open the door. From what I can tell, there is no MQTT message fired when the door opens and closes, So I think it’s a ZWAVE problem?

In the debug console I can see this following:

OpenZWave Detail, Node013, Received: 0x01, 0x09, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x0d, 0x03, 0x20, 0x01, 0x00, 0xdd
OpenZWave Detail,
OpenZWave Info, Node013, Received Basic set from node 13: level=0. Treating it as a Basic report.
OpenZWave Detail, Node013, Received: 0x01, 0x10, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x0d, 0x0a, 0x71, 0x05, 0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0xff, 0x07, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x65
OpenZWave Detail,
OpenZWave Warning, NotificationCCTypes::GetAlarmNotificationTypes - Unknown Alarm Type 7
OpenZWave Warning, NotificationCCTypes::GetEventForAlarmType - Unknown AlarmType/Event 7/d
OpenZWave Warning, NotificationCCTypes::GetAlarmType - Unknown AlarmType 7
OpenZWave Info, Node013, Received Notification report (>v1): Type: Unknown (7) Event: Unknown (2) Status: true, Param Length: 0
OpenZWave Warning, Node013, Couldn't Find a ValueList for Notification Type 7 (1)
OpenZWave Info, Node013, Automatically Clearing Alarm in 5000ms
OpenZWave Info, Timer: adding event in 5000 ms
OpenZWave Detail, Timer: waiting with timeout 5000 ms

And here is what’s under Hass Device JSON:

{
  "type": "binary_sensor",
  "object_id": "contact",
  "discovery_payload": {
    "payload_on": true,
    "payload_off": false,
    "value_template": "{{ value_json.value }}",
    "device_class": "door",
    "state_topic": "homeassistant/nodeID_13/48/1/0",
    "json_attributes_topic": "homeassistant/nodeID_13/48/1/0",
    "device": {
      "identifiers": [
        "zwave2mqtt_0xdebbaeb6_node13"
      ],
      "manufacturer": "Linear (Nortek Security Control LLC)",
      "model": "WADWAZ-1 Door/Window Sensor (0x0102)",
      "name": "nodeID_13",
      "sw_version": "4.84"
    },
    "name": "nodeID_13_contact",
    "unique_id": "zwave2mqtt_0xdebbaeb6_13-48-1-0"
  },
  "discoveryTopic": "binary_sensor/nodeID_13/contact/config",
  "values": [
    "48-1-0"
  ],
  "persistent": false,
  "id": "binary_sensor_contact"
}

Please Help, I don’t know where to start.

How did you install zwave2mqtt? Are you using the HA Community Add-on? It like like your installation is missing some configuration files.

So I am playing around with the new zwave2mqtt integration

zwave2mqtt is not exactly new. Did you mean to try the new OZW integration?

Sorry for the late reply. I installed Z-Wave to MQTT in Supervisor as a docker. I clicked on the OZW integration but I am not sure what that will do.

@invinciberry Having same issue did you figure this out?

Nope, GoControl hardware sucks.

Sorta looks like OpenZwave receives a “notification” from the device but doesn’t understand that particular alarm/event type. My guess is that ZWave2MQTT doesn’t bother reporting some unknown event to MQTT broker.