Zwave2mqtt Migration Help

I’m looking to migrate from native ZWave integration on hassio to the zwave2mqtt add-on. I’ve got a large zwave network (42 nodes), so re-scanning the network when home assistant restarts takes quite a bit of time. I’ve also run into fairly frequent instances where the zwave config file isn’t saved on restart, meaning all my zwave devices disappear until I restore it from a backup. I’m hoping zwave2mqtt can help mitigate both problems.

I’ve tried following the awesome migration guide, but I’m running into some weird problems. After deleting the zwave integration, I copied my zwcfg_XXXXXXXX.xml file to the zwave2mqtt addon data directory. Starting up the addon, it seems to recognize all my nodes, and starts probing them. Most of them start showing up in HA through auto-discovery. Great.

But, after letting it sit for a long time, it appears that the probing process was not entirely successful. A handful of nodes show up as “Dead.” But, more worryingly, I can’t actually control anything. When I toggle a switch in HA, the appropriate MQTT message appears, and zwave2mqtt picks it up. The openzwave log shows that it “queues” the command, but the device never actually switches. The same thing happens if I toggle a switch directly in the zwave2mqtt control panel.

Even more worryingly, zwave2mqtt doesn’t seem to be storing device config data anywhere. The nodes.json file you can download is garbage (a few entries full of nulls, and nothing else). If I restart the addon, it seems to lose all the information about the nodes except their IDs.

It’s a long shot, but has anyone run into similar problems? For the moment I need to revert to an earlier snapshot so my wife doesn’t kill me when the house stops working, but I’d really like to get this working.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

have you solved this?
What was the solution?

Where is the addon data directory located ? Can’t find it anywhere.

I want to migrate to zwave2mqtt but all my devices are totaly empty or unknown device

Sorry, I just saw these notifications. I haven’t tried to mess with this further, not wanting to do further damage and knowing that a more official Z-wave rewrite is coming. So I have no solution.

In my setup (Hassio on Ubuntu via the normal script), the the addon data directory for zwave2mqtt is at /usr/share/hassio/addons/data/a0d7b954_zwave2mqtt

Thanks, i don’t have that directory but i’ve found out if i enable ‘AUTO update database’ i also get (almost) all my nodes. But then …the MQTT part is notworking. While zigbee2mqtt and alarm panel is working great on the MQTT broker. The message is never posted so switches and stuff are unavailable to home assistant.

Any news on the official Z-wave 1.6 for home assistant? Any time soon?