Zwave2mqtt not working after reboot HA -> started from version 0.115

After the upgrade to version 0.115 my Zwave2Mqtt addon stops responding after a reboot of HA. I need to reboot the addon every time after an reboot of HA

Now on version 0.116.x (latest, also version is no longer available on system page…?!) still need to reboot. This brings me back to the time i had Zwave integrated and my Zwave network needs to startup very time HA start. I do not want to switch to the Zwave beta mode yet as i dont want to rename al my devices again. Maybe if it is not beta

more people facing this issue, need te restart Zwave-2-Mqtt?

How is the addon not responding? Can you not open the addon panels, do the entities/devices show as unavailable?

If it’s the devices being unavailable but the addon is responsive, you can try going into developer tools and call the mqtt.dump service. (Default values)

Hi Rick thanks for the info
Yes the enities are unavailable. Logging of Zwave2Mqtt and module looks ok. I can see that devices are updating the status in the log.

Will check mqtt.dump next time and post results.

Hmm did not happen again strange. Before starting this tread it happened 5 times. I will keep checking after reboots

1 Like

Today happened again after OS upgrade amd reboot.
The dump service is not working. Need some input i think?

You can fill it with example data before calling it. The default example is good enough.

when using: { topic: homeassistant/# } as Zwave2Mqtt use homeassistant as topic to post to, no error but also nothing is happening. Where does de mqtt dump service puth loggin in?

It writes a dump of everything in the topic(s) to your config directory of HA. By initiating that dump it rereads all values and parses them, thus signalling that the network has fully loaded. At least that is what it’s supposed to do, works that way for the OZW addon and I thought it might work for ZWave2MQTT but based on your reply it doesn’t. Maybe try installing the latest ZWave2MQTT addon? Otherwise I’m out of clues really.

Hi Rick, thanks for your answer. I tried the addon beta version but all my devices where renamed in entities so this worked out not really well as i need to change all the scripts and automations then.

Maybe will try out later, but for now this would be to complex.

found the dump file, do you want me to post the whole dump?