ZWaveJS - Fibaro door/window sensor 2 no entities

I just included the door/window sensor 2 from fibaro into the ZWaveJS integration. It adds the device, but it contains no entities. Back on the old ZWave component this worked fine.

Any pointers where to start looking?

I just had the same issue and a restart fixed it. Now I have all the entities (but for some reason it doesn’t update the status when the sensor is open).

I tried it all and I still have all of my Fibaro window / door sensors, as well as a couple of Fibaro flood sensors in the same unfortunate condition.

For what it’s worth: restarting fixed it for me

When I try to add the Fibaro Door sensor it doesn’t give any entities.
Removed the devices, and connects a new device, but just as a node.
From the logs it looks like the interview stops too soon, but I’m not a log-expert at all :slight_smile:
Adding the Fibaro Motion sensor went all well.

Any Ideas?

Try to wake up your door sensor several times - maybe its not “interviewed” propeprly.

Was able to add the sensor finally, but now it’s the same as you said. Closed / open state doesn’t change.
Were you able to fix this?

I have the same problem, no changes when opening/closing the window. With the old Zwave integration I had to create a template to get it working Fibaro Door Sensor V2
But this doesn’t help with the ZwaveJS, did any of you find a solution?

In my case, after several weeks, my battery operated zwave devices (including these Fibaro Door/Window sensors) ended up being detected.
Nonetheless, I am using ZWaveJS2mqtt (not sure if it makes a difference).

Temperature reporting does work, it is only the open/close functionality which doesn’t.

Same problem here. The status changes correctly in ZWavejs To MQTT control panel.

Edit: And now it works. I enabled some of the hidden entities and it started working. After disabling them again and restarting HA, it still works.

1 Like

Same problem here. The status changes correctly in ZWavejs To MQTT control panel.
Edit: And now it works. I enabled some of the hidden entities and it started working. After disabling them again and restarting HA, it still works.

By default it didn’t work for me either, but right after I enabled binary_sensor.node_23_access_control_window_door_is_closed also opened binary sensor start working. That clearly should be enabled by default and/or there is some issue…

This fixed it for me as well. Thanks!

I just remotely upgraded my holiday home zwave to zwavejsmqtt and have a bunch of the door/window sensor 2s -it was a pain to to get them working in the original zwave.

Am I right in thinking all I need to do to get them working now is enable one additional entity which is ‘’’
binary_sensor.fibaro_door_window_sensor_2_access_control_window_door_is_closed

‘’’

Trouble is I cant open any windows or doors to test!

Cheers :slight_smile:
Stuart

I would not expect that you would need to enable any of the disabled entities at this time, the default “open” one should work fine. These posts are old and there have been a lot of fixes to the integration since then. If this behavior is still occurring it’s a bug. Enabling the other entities was never really the solution, it was restarting HA or reloading the integration that fixed it (enabling an entity reloads the integration).

1 Like

Thanks so much I am out there next week so can test then!

Cheers

Stuart