ZY-M100 tuya mmwave sensor - new version... anyone got this working with ZHA?

Im gonna try right now

It just show the lux but the other parameter I guess they are wrong.
Also, it stays in the DETECTED state… I let it stay the whole night on my kitchen table and lets see…

1 Like

Thanks, the basics in your custom quirk for _TZE204_ijxvkhd0 work (see controls and sensors exposed in Nicolo’s screenshot), but at least one thing is broken and one thing is missing.

Broken: There is exposure of target distance (0xEF6D) in HA even though you attempt it. Also, the engineering_units should be 118 (cm) not 31 (meter) if you don’t convert the value.

Missing: While the occupancy sensor is exposed, there is no extra level of detail providing the “motion” state available via the 0xEF69 enum.

Unfortunately I don’t know enough yet about how zigpy and custom quirks work to try to fix this myself.

After some trial an error I have a well-functioning custom quirk.

2 Likes

Nice addition to the quirk, getting the motion and distance working.
I’ve retired mine in favour of some everything presence ones. Yes more expensive, but the tuya mmwave sensors were spamming my network every second and it only takes a few of these and your zigbee radio is totally congested.

I have one of these, but “signature” is a little different. Mine has “_TZE204_e5m9c5hl”.

I’m having an issue with the same sensor.

I’ve added the quirks and have now go the extra settings which is great, however when its powered on the detection state initially says “clear”, then once presence is detected it stays permanently as detected making it impossible to use to control lights as they always stay on.

What am I missing ??

The device is _TZE204_ztc6ggyl TS0601

Hi guys, i bought the WiFi version of this sensor. It works great on HA with the official Tuya integration, but while the sensor has the lighting information in the Tuya Android app, it is not present in HA. Is there anything I can do?

Is this _TZE204_e5m9c5hl a 5.8GHz variant? Ceiling or wall mount mount? If wall mount, USB-C or micro? Does it work with my custom quirk?

Better you create a separate post; this thread is for one/few particular Zigbee models via the ZHA integration.

_TZE204_ztc6ggyl is a variant that should already have basic support, though seems lacking any configurability via ZHA.

Unfortunately my quirks for _TZE204_ijxvkhd0 (USB-C wall mounted 24GHz) and _TZE204_qasjif9e (USB-C wall mounted 5.8GHz) variants won’t work with _TZE204_ztc6ggyl.

I got this working with a custom quirk in the end. It took a while, but I figured out what was happening. We kind of need a HACS for these quirks so that they are easier to find.

I also have this Wi-Fi version. Have you solved?

Your tip about not changing fading time is spot on. I set it back to 0 in HA, it automatically reverts to 0.5, but it isn’t stuck on any more. Thanks.

I didn’t know the device sensors would not appear when added to HA. I assumed because it was Zigbee it would be fine. Now I see people are doing some magic to get the sensors to appear. Can help me get _TZE204_7gclukjs working please?

2 Likes

If you’re still struggling with getting this added to ZHA and having access to configuring the various settings. I highly recommend checking out:

New ZY-M100 mmWave Radar Sensor with USB type C in Home Assistant | Full ZHA Support

If you have the non-USB-C version, that’s okay, I was able to get mine to work just fine, following the directions in the video

2 Likes

I have the same model as you and got it working. If you still need help, I put together a brief guide on how I did it here.

The process is the same as in this thread, but with different code.

1 Like

I did get mine working but the most important feature that I wanted, the lux sensor, does not work. So currently mine are just motion detectors. Did you get the lux sensor working?

I just got a _TZE204_e5m9c5hl and the quirk from FixtSE’s video (above) / blog worked great.

If only ZHA support was faster to include new devices like Z2M is…

There seems to be a solution available for the spamming problem, although it’s a rather laborious one. See the last couple of posts here.

Thought it might be worthwhile mentioning here. Please update here if this works for you, and let’s see if we can streamline this option perhaps.

1 Like