0.100: Better Plex, Bye JSON, HERE Travel time.

You (along with @conra and anybody else with that error) need to update that custom component.

1 Like

Thank you so much to @aidbish and @Tinkerer
New updated custom components downloaded and installed.
Updated to 100.1 and everything going great so far.

nickrout - this was why. :wink:

1 Like

My theme is looking a little odd since the v0.100.0 update also, I’m using ‘MidnightRed’ except the Red switches and sliders have now turned Blue :confused:

Someone encounters a blocking error on the D-Link Switch DSP-W215 component? v0.100.1

primary-color: set the same color to paper-toggle-button-checked-button-color: ???

maybe your primary-color: is blue

this is a bug

it completely broke my Homekit setup. Bridge still on Home.app but not a single device is exposed now. I’m trying to figure out what’s happening.

Hi, my paper-toggle-button-checked-button-color is set to 'var(--accent-color)'

My accent-color: ‘#E45E65’ which is light red.

ok, but the primary-color: is setting the color to paper-toggle-button-checked-button-color this must be an error

Looks like it broke my songpal integration

Log Details (ERROR)
Fri Oct 11 2019 08:24:32 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Error while setting up platform songpal
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/songpal/media_player.py", line 63, in async_setup_platform
    from songpal import SongpalException
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/songpal/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    from songpal.device import Device
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/songpal/device.py", line 31, in <module>
    from songpal.notification import Notification, ConnectChange
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/songpal/notification.py", line 69, in <module>
    class SoftwareUpdateChange(ChangeNotification):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/songpal/notification.py", line 77, in SoftwareUpdateChange
    isUpdatable = attr.ib(convert=convert_to_bool)
TypeError: attrib() got an unexpected keyword argument 'convert'

Any reason this version is not visible to the updater component? https://updater.home-assistant.io still shows 0.99.3 as the newest release

Thank you very much for Plex platform update.
Still, i am unable to find the correct way to use the Service media_player.play_media to play specific content. Hass always sent back a error.

Here is what I put In the service Dev tool.

entity_id: media_player.plex_moto_z_play
media_content_id: { \“playlist_name\” : \“The playlist\”, \“shuffle\”: \“0\” }
media_content_type: PLAYLIST

And the error I get

value should be a string for dictionary value @ data['media_content_id']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 133, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1211, in async_call
    processed_data = handler.schema(service_data)
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 432, in validate_mapping
    raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: value should be a string for dictionary value @ data['media_content_id']

I’m glad to see it hit the 0.100 now and not 1.0. While stuff are running quite stable, and the UI is going in the right direction, I feel that the whole user interaction still needs a long way. Not only should everything be doable on the UI, it should be in a way that really feels great and easy. All the basic stuff should be very intuitive, not only from the desktop, also from mobile where I can walk to my devices and test stuff out right there.
I imagine a “1,0” will bring alot of people to try it out (again), but many will only give it one shot.

1 Like

Find the solution .
For a playlist

media_content_id: '{ "playlist_name": "The playlist", "shuffle": "0" }'
media_content_type: PLAYLIST

For a video

media_content_id: '{"library_name" : "Movies", "video_name":"My Neighbor Totoro", "shuffle":"0"}'
media_content_type: VIDEO
1 Like

The Check Home Assistant configuration never stops running or has crashed when trying to check version .100.1. Lock said it was checking the configuration but that was the last message I saw.

Seems that the link you post is not updated right away when a new version of HA is released, so, making the updater component unreliable… I solved the problem implementing my own sensor based on the scrape component:

- platform: scrape
  resource: https://www.home-assistant.io
  name: Release
  scan_interval: '01:00:00'
  select: ".current-version h1"
  value_template: '{{ value.split(":")[1] }}'

It will check hourly the home assistant site ant when a new version is released the sensor will see it on the HA site and will change state, this change can be used to fire a notification in an automaton:

- id: my_updater
  alias: My Scraper Updater
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.release
  action:
    service: notify.notify
    data:
      message: Home Assistant Released New Version {{ states('sensor.release') }}

Tips for getting ecobee integration working again with 0.100.x

I had to re-authorize my ecobee application in order to use 0.100.1 with my ecobee.

1. Verify that you do not have hold_temp specified in your configuration.yaml, if you do have it, then delete that line, otherwise the ecobee integration will fail to start after you upgrade.
  2. Upgrade your HA.
  3. When HA restarts, all your ecobee entities will be not found and HA will show a notification that it found a “new integration”.
  4. Select the new integration to configure it and make note of the 4 digit code. Do not click “submit” yet.
  5. In a new tab, login to your ecobee configuration at https://www.ecobee.com/consumerportal/index.html
  6. Select “My Apps”.
  7. Find the application on the left-hand list side that you previously authorized, select it, and then choose “Remove App”.
  8. Select “Add Application”.
  9. Enter the 4 digit code from step 4 above, then select “Validate”.
  10. You should see an authorization page for your application, authorize it.
  11. Return to HA and select “submit”
  12. The ecobee entities should now load correctly. I didn’t need to do anything else, all my entities and automations started working again.

Hope this saves someone some time.

2 Likes

If you use hass.io or docker you can also use rhe version sensor.

I do it like this in my docker install:

- platform: version
    name: HASS Available
    source: docker
    beta: true

thanks, that fixed my problem with SONOFF

Had to rollback to 0.99.3 since I couldn’t figure out a way to make Homekit integration work again on 0.100. Even tried deleting and re-adding the whole thing and it would crash Home App while adding the accessories.

If you have any details, please be sure to open an issue.