0.100: Better Plex, Bye JSON, HERE Travel time.

Hi @carloscae and @HakanK - I am also experiencing issues with HomeKit since updating to 0.100.1. For me, it seems it’s just all of the sensors like motion and temperature - reporting a ‘no response’. Lights seem to work though.

I have problem with ios and device_tracker.
How did you perform downgrade?
Thanx

2 Likes

same for me too, which device tracker do you use? unifi? if so, someone above wrote that it fixed to remove device tracker from configuration so far. for ios it seems to be a general issue.

i rolled back to 0.99.3 which is workin for me.
downgrading via snapshot.

2 Likes

Are there any plans to add the ability for the user to select the hold temp time for ecobee thermostats? The ecobee api should support that and the current hold until next schedule change isn’t a good default.

I had to revert back as the iOs beta app crashes directly with this version

1 Like

Do you have the hold configuration on the Ecobee itself set to auto-revert or to hold indefinitely?

Personally, I like the feature that automatically resets to programmed schedule, so I have that set on my ecobee.

If I want a longer-term hold I use vacation settings, but those have to be set on device, via Alexa, or the ecobee app, since HASS integration can’t handle vacations.

As far as I can tell, that setting only affects when you make changes from the app or thermostat itself. The ecobee api that HA uses has a variable that can set whether the change is indefinite or how long it lasts, and HA just defaults to telling ecobee to keep the change until next schedule with no user option to change it.

Probably because 0.9 is greater than 0.1?

Used snapshots feature from Hassio. I automate it to make those backups weekly.

Same for me. Was so bad that the app was crashing on the background while trying to update my position and giving constant crash alerts.

Then the sensor is broken, it doesn’t understand software version numbering.

Mine too, I’ve opened an issue on GitHub https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/27527

1 Like

For everyone having HomeKit issues, do consider restarting your router in addition to the other usual fixes (like removing/re-adding the bridge to HomeKit, deleting the HomeKit.state file, etc)

After upgrading to iOS 13 I tried everything to get HomeKit working again and it ended up being a simple router restart that fixed it.

I not sure what it is, but I think the issue is bigger than that.
I’m running iOS 13 since June (Beta), now running final version and never before had issues with Home Assistant or Home Assistant Companion App.

App was crashing on my phone while I was on the streets.

Since my whole setup relies so much on Homekit I had to rush and fix it and I wasn’t able to figure out the issue.

I did try re-adding HA to HomeKit multiple times, and also deleting all HomeKit files in Hassio before doing it.

Only detail I can give is that bridge would add to Homekit, and as you started assigning accessories to rooms it would crash Home.app. Then bridge would be there with 0 accessories.

Have you tried adding the bridge in safe mode?

Also - “I think the problem is bigger than that” - have you actually tried it? I couldn’t figure out WHY it worked, but it did

I get the exact same error and had to downgrade HA as well.

The error I get is:

Error loading custom_components.sonoff. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 346, in _load_file
    module = importlib.import_module(path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/sonoff/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    from homeassistant.util.async_ import run_coroutine_threadsafe
ImportError: cannot import name 'run_coroutine_threadsafe' from 'homeassistant.util.async_' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/async_.py)

Read further up, you need to update the sonoff custom component

Same here. I had to revert because the app keeps crashing. Sadly…

I always run the Configuration checker before updating. I got the following warning (but I ignored it…)

Component error: mobile_app - No module named 'hass_nabucasa'

Maybe there the issue is related to this error?

As I understand it, the iOS app crash is because the library it uses to check the Home Assistant version can’t handle version numbers greater than 99.

That warning you are seeing looks like this issue. You may be able to get rid of it by adding cloud: or default_config: (the default config options include cloud) to your configuration.yaml.

Had only older snapshosts/backups…
I downgraded it through SSH and command:
hassio homeassistant update --version 0.99.3