0.102: Official Android App, Almond, Scene editor

Please don’t post something that has been posted like a 100 times already in this topic! Someone already posted a fix here in this topic. Did you even take the time to read the topic?

Don’t lecture others if you yourself haven’t read the thread and please work on your social skills.
0.102.1 should fix the Netatmo problem, but it introduces a NEW problem - station values show up as unknown values!

I believe you meant to write 0.102.1.

Is the problem you detected currently listed as an open Issue in GitHub?

Yes of course, you are right, its 0102.1. As far as I understand @cgtobi is already looking into it.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/28956 there is the fix for it.

I read the topic. It just doesn’t help that you post that you have issues, if it already has been posted multiple times and even worse you know that the @cgtobi is working on it and that the issue is already on GitHub, but still you post that you have issues.
And sorry that I sounded a bit harsh, but I’m slowly getting annoyed from redundant posts and questions in this forum, with lots of people not even taking the time to read the guidelines or search for their problem before posting.

1 Like

I can’t run my hassio after upgrade. In logs I have many errors:

2019-11-22 19:25:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component light
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/runners.py", line 43, in run
    return loop.run_until_complete(main)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 579, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 302, in setup_and_run_hass
    log_no_color=args.log_no_color,
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 148, in async_from_config_file
    config_dict, hass, enable_log=False, skip_pip=skip_pip
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 93, in async_from_config_dict
    await _async_set_up_integrations(hass, config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 374, in _async_set_up_integrations
    *(async_setup_component(hass, domain, config) for domain in domains_to_load)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 51, in async_setup_component
    return await task  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 130, in _async_setup_component
    await async_process_deps_reqs(hass, config, integration)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 292, in async_process_deps_reqs
    hass, integration.domain, integration.requirements
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 77, in async_process_requirements
    if pkg_util.is_installed(req):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/package.py", line 45, in is_installed
    return version(req.project_name) in req
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3137, in __contains__
    return self.specifier.contains(item, prereleases=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/specifiers.py", line 703, in contains
    item = parse(item)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/version.py", line 31, in parse
    return Version(version)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/version.py", line 200, in __init__
    match = self._regex.search(version)
TypeError: expected string or bytes-like object

I always read the comments before updating to a new version to avoid running into problems.
I updated myself only after someone wrote the Netatmo problems were fixed with 0.102.1.
Posting my new and not redundant issue (sorry for having to point out this twice) is just a warning to others that updating (in this regard) is still not safe and one may decide to wait for 0.102.2.

Which Xiaomi Air Quality Monitor is now supported? I found two different devices.

jpg_220x220xz jpg_220x220xz

1 Like

Corruption on dimmers in 0.102

Also KNX thermostat modes STILL not fixed

According to the source, the PM2.5 model.

I think the PM2.5 one was support since an older version of HA.

1 Like

Good morning all.
Just wanted to post the issue I am having with 0.102.1 to see if anyone else may be having the same? I only updated from 0.101.3 last night and had zero entries in the log after the update at that time. I was so happy with the update that I removed what was a very problematic container of 0.101.3 from my QNAP thinking that it was great that the dev’s had fixed up whatever issues had been causing my problems in my decision to update from 0.94.0 about 2 weeks ago.

The decision to remove the problematic container of 0.101.3 came after noting the CPU and Memory usage had returned to somewhat more ‘normal’ levels. I had been experiencing CPU and Memory usage wildly jumping up to as high as around 90% using 0.101.3 and 0.101.1 and 0.101.1. I did try to revert to using 0.94.0 which had been rocksolid for many months since I moved to it but on restarting that container (using the same config folder) I found that there were now HUGE problems making that version unusable.

Here is the log error I am getting since last night around midnight with CPU and Memory usage hovering around 60%:

2019-11-22 12:22:25 WARNING (updater) [telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connectionpool] Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ConnectTimeoutError(<telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f315cb84bd0>, 'Connection to api.telegram.org timed out. (connect timeout=5.0)')': /bot862400676:#######################################kF02HHSad5sJKfD9iI/getUpdates 2019-11-22 12:22:30

Anyone else experiencing this type of warning? Solution advice?

PS: After stopping and starting the container there are no new ‘Warnings’ for telegram? Only thing in the log is:

2019-11-22 23:14:24 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=20 from 2019-11-22 23:07:13.784617)

UPDATE: the same error just keeps re-commencing…clogs up the logs and sometimes requires 2, 3 or more restarts to clear them all!

UPDATE 2 Decided that since this was a telegram Warning that I would err on the side of caution and revoke my existing API Key for a new one…seems to have stopped the warings so who knows?

UPDATE 3 So since revoking the old API Key all Warning messages have stopped.

Cheers all!

Na, the PM2.5 have been supported for a while now. It’s av tvoc+co2 device i guess.

Hi, are there extra steps necessary for the natural language automation editor to appear?
I still get the old automation editor when I want to add one.
Tried to install the Almond add-on, but adding that doesn’t make a difference.

me too similar errors for me, have no idea what to do

keep getting:
2019-11-24 10:30:31 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.package] Attempting install of attrs==19.2.0

installed it manually thinking it would fix it:

homeassistant 0.102.1 has requirement attrs==19.3.0, but you’ll have attrs 19.2.0 which is incompatible.
Installing collected packages: attrs
Found existing installation: attrs 19.3.0
Uninstalling attrs-19.3.0:
Successfully uninstalled attrs-19.3.0
Successfully installed attrs-19.2.0

then i noticed in the release notes:

Upgrade attrs to 19.3.0 (@fabaff - #28421)

so i fixed that:
Found existing installation: attrs 19.2.0
Uninstalling attrs-19.2.0:
Successfully uninstalled attrs-19.2.0
Successfully installed attrs-19.3.0

now HA still trying to install 19,2,0…

just fyi.

1 Like

Me too…Updated from 102.0 to 102.1.Now i cant even boot.

Create a file scenes.yaml (scenes with the final s) change configuration as doc. That solved for me