0.103: Happy Holidays, Service calls, StarLine, GeoNet NZ and Proxmox

since updating i am getting the following error:

Component error: utility_meter - cannot import name ‘ENTITY_SERVICE_SCHEMA’ from ‘homeassistant.helpers.config_validation’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py)

anyone know why this is and how to solve it?

Alexa integration not working at all in 0.103 on Rpi4 hassio.

Alexa integration is working OK for me on 0.103.0, on RPi4 on Raspbian, are you getting any errors in your log?

I don’t see any Alexa- related error messages in the log.

I would try removing your devices using the Alexa app the rediscover them.

Missing cloud stuff including Alexa was solved by adding “cloud:” to config.yaml which was not needed prior to 0.103 (for me anyway). Fixed.

1 Like

I received the same error for the timer component. I described my investigation in this thread.

I believe it’s due to a change, by PR 29178, that altered ENTITY_SERVICE_SCHEMA in many components including utility_meter as shown in its history here.

I posted it as an Issue in GitHub: 29885. I encourage you to add a comment to that Issue explaining that you are experiencing the same problem with utility_meter.

Since upgrading to that version my ZWave climate (ZXT-120) component is not working correctly,
I changed all the components from climate.[name]_cooling / climate.[name]_heating to climate.[name]_mode (which is great that it’s not duplicated).

Issues:

• Attached image is when opening it while it’s working (heat in that case)
  • When the AC is off, the target temperature displayed as N/A
  • Clicking on the target temperature will set it to 7 and need to take it to the desired temperature
  • Clicking on the low temp - will begin again at 7
  • Clicking on the high temp - will begin at 0, will throw an exception

The low temp and high temp only work when HeatCool (Auto) mode is set.
Technically the elements should be disabled/hidden when not in “Auto” mode IMHO.

Agree, the real issue here is the target temp,
It makes it almost impossible to work with it, just on / off…

When the unit is off why would you need a setpoint?

To understand into which temperature it will get once i’ll turn it on,
I have 7 small AC units with display and 1 main unit without display, so it a must for that unit for the other it’s jusr more convenient,
Anyway, it worked before, the breaking change of the setpoint to mode shouldn’t have break that functionality

How would it know to set your heat or cool setpoint if it’s mode is set to Off?
:man_shrugging:

you need to file a bug for this

Last temperature used should be displayed, that’s how it worked

1 Like

Fix is in. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/29849#event-2877181077

Thanks, will do

Right, but that was when the cooling and heating were separate, when you switch to heat or cool now those previous setpoints pop back into view (or at least they do for me), but only after you select the mode.

Just upgraded this afternoon from 0.102.3 and my recorder won’t start anymore. Running on HassOS on a virtual machine in Hyper-V.

I’m using Microsoft SQL as my database with the following setup in configuration.yaml:

recorder:
  db_url: mssql+pymssql://username:[email protected]/hass?charset=utf8
  purge_keep_days: 45
  purge_interval: 0

Logs show: No module named ‘pymssql’

When I first switched to HassOS I didn’t have to install the pymssql module, but it seems to be missing now. How would I install this module in HassOS?

Well it make sense but it doesn’t work anyway… will open a bug (saw that someone already opened a bug)

Try restarting Home Assistant it should pull the required modules on startup.