0.103: Happy Holidays, Service calls, StarLine, GeoNet NZ and Proxmox

the same. had the same error messages in the config check. but after the upgrade to 0.103.0 my xiaomi gateway and all my sensors still working

Haha yes similar setup. Pretty much all my xiaomi sensors are on the gateway and smart plugs/lights on the zigbee2mqtt. Just been to lazy to migrate off the gateway, its really just a gloried light bulb/alarm now haha

you may have interference problems: zigbee2mqtt stick plus xiaomi gateway plus 1 Wifi will occupy all the frequencies in your house. IF you have neighbours with WiFi, or additional Wifi (extenders or other) you may have problems

All is OK, when you have default_config: in the configuration.yaml.

Same thing for me too, restarted twice and all ok

Yamaha still working for me without any issue.
i think it was the yamaha_enable_output changed to enable_output as the service is is now yamaha and that is specific to it

all other media_player services still work for me for the yamaha integration

mine stopped working entirely. Was working fine for years now

2019-12-15 14:30:27 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [rxv] Request <YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><SERVER><Play_Control><Playback>Play</Playback></Play_Control></SERVER></YAMAHA_AV> failed with b'<YAMAHA_AV rsp="PUT" RC="4"><SERVER><Play_Control><Playback></Playback></Play_Control></SERVER></YAMAHA_AV>'

5 07:38:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140274420040208] HDMI2 does not support Play
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 133, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1235, in async_call
    await asyncio.shield(self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1260, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 205, in handle_service
    self._platforms.values(), func, call, service_name, required_features
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 336, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 358, in _handle_service_platform_call
    await getattr(entity, func)(**data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/yamaha/media_player.py", line 319, in media_play
    self._call_playback_function(self.receiver.play, "play")
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/yamaha/media_player.py", line 339, in _call_playback_function
    function()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rxv/rxv.py", line 223, in play
    self._playback_control('Play')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rxv/rxv.py", line 241, in _playback_control
    raise PlaybackUnavailable(input_source, action)
rxv.exceptions.PlaybackUnavailable: HDMI2 does not support Play

concerning the wake_on_lan change for the mac_address vs mac: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/wake_on_lan/ and https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/28830/commits/ec631fb4cfb343198fb651eae27a8aa811182914

I wonder @fabaff why the notation with semicolons wasn’t chosen to show in the config and tests etc? this seems to lead people to enter the mac-addresses with a dash instead?

Shouldn’t the docs instead state the mac: variable should be entered as follows:

# Example configuration.yaml entry
switch:
  - platform: wake_on_lan
    mac: "00:01:02:03:04:05"

btw, I don’t have wake_on_lan: in my config, and only have a switch configured which works alright.
Reading the docs one might easily be lead to believe the config entry is necessary for the switch. Or am I misreading things here? What else can the wake_on_lan: do, that I now am missing out on?

There is support for various MAC address styles for the WOL integration. I opened a PR to align the docs with others aka set the MAC address to be replaced.

Ok cool, thanks for reporting back. Good to know.

Seems like the qemu build for x86-64 (homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.103.0) is still missing:

19-12-15 20:35:06 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.103.0
19-12-15 20:35:06 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.docker.interface] Update image homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.102.3 to homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.103.0
19-12-15 20:35:06 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant tag 0.103.0.
19-12-15 20:36:20 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.103.0 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("no such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.103.0: No such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.103.0").
19-12-15 20:36:20 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails

I do have default_config: in my config file. I am not sure what ssdp or zeroconf are.

I might have to fire up my backup PI and do a restore of my current system, and do a trial update to see what happens.

I do appreciate your help DavidFW1960, even if my replies sound grouchy lol.

They are loaded if you have default_config… HA uses those instead of netdisco now.

All good. It’s frustrating when stuff isn’t working I know.

netdisco is deprecated as in it is not being developed further. It is still used by home assistant though.

Did the update, aqara gateway is working

whats the procedure to get emulated hue working as expected?

I did stop hass, emptied out the emulated_hue.json, removed all entities in alexa - restarted, discovered but its still searching for entities that are no longer in the json ?

(MainThread) [homeassistant.components.emulated_hue.hue_api] Unknown entity number: XX not found in emulated_hue_ids.json

1 Like

What update did you make?

I’m on 0.95.4 … Everything works… How much will I break upgrading to 0.103?

It depends how many breaking changes apply to your config… you have some reading to do! (start here)

Just the hassio update to 0.103. Had a netdisco error in ‘Check Home Assistant configuration’ but the 0.103 works fine for my aqara gateway

1 Like