0.104: Sentry, Signal Messenger, IntesisHome, Sure Petcare, KEF

With removal of default groups, what is the recommended replacement for group.all_lights.default usage in light_profiles.csv?

Just updated, no new errors in my log, restarting seems quicker also, thanks. :slight_smile:

Only had to remove 114 entities…

Also I had zero interest in Elgato Keylights before this update, but now I’m slightly intrigued.

1 Like

What to do if i ignored Philips Hue discovery but wan’t it back?

What exactly doe this mean?

Which entities and why did you have to remove them?

My upgrade to 0.104 was messy

There is a bug that triggers when you upgrade.

All my deconz light groups were suddenly duplicated in the Deconz Integration

And this resulted in all those light groups to be duplicated entities also all with suffix _2

And the result was that no light automations and no dimmer switches worked any more.

To clean it up I had to delete all the original entities which you can do from the UI.
Then I had to rename all the _2 to the old names
And finally I had all the duplicate Deconz groups that I had to delete. And again - the only way you can delete them is to stop Home Assistant and hack the JSON file core.device_registry in a text editor.

We really need a feature so you can delete not only entities but also devices.

Why were all the Deconz light groups duplicated? And will it happen again?

Edit. I checked the last backup of core.device_registry from just before the upgrade and there was only one instance of each Deconz groups. No old cruft. This happened during the upgrade

1 Like

I had the same issue with deconz groups.

1 Like

On the Integrations page, there’s a new action menu (3 dots) in the top right corner. That’s how you can show or hide ignored integrations.

A bunch of old entities/sensors/devices that hadn’t been showing up in HA or were registered under different names

I may be misunderstanding this but what’s the point of being able to remove entities if you have to remove the whole integration for it to work?

Aren’t you removing all entities associated with the integration when you remove it anyway?

2 Likes

I have three WebOS TV’s - How do I now configure these?
I have swapped the config over, but I am getting error messages about duplicates like this:

2020-01-16 02:25:07 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/webostv.yaml contains duplicate key “host”. Check lines 1 and 17.
2020-01-16 02:25:07 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/webostv.yaml contains duplicate key “name”. Check lines 2 and 18.
2020-01-16 02:25:07 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/webostv.yaml contains duplicate key “turn_on_action”. Check lines 5 and 21.

Rik

This works for me:

webostv:
  - host: 192.168.10.xxx
    name: "Family Room TV"
    turn_on_action:
      service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
      data:
        mac: C8:08:E9:xx:xx:xx

- host: 192.168.10.xxx
    name: "Master Bedroom TV"
    turn_on_action:
      service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
      data:
        mac: 38:8c:50:xx:xx:xx

Note the first TV which used the default filename for the auth was automatically ported over. The second which had a custom file name needed to be re-added.

@jwelter - looking at yours - I have missed the minus sign before host Doh! :slight_smile:
I will give it a try - cheers
Rik

Not all integrations are config entries but they still register entities to the registry so in some cases you need to do both.

1 Like

I had a bulk renaming problem to solve unrelated to doing a Home Assistant upgrade, and found that using hass-cli in a shell script a good solution to bulk entity renaming. See the thread over here: What is the preferred way to rename z-wave entities? - #173 by lmamakos for some info that technique.

1 Like

i threw myself over a “ctrl + f” yet again to be disappointed :frowning:

there is still a bug affecting everyone using more than one philips hue bridge wanting to apply hue scenes. so close but still no cigar

This update creates a mes with my deconz groups, hue platform did not work and a lot of my input_boolean got renamed to _2.

So stay away if you dont want a lot of work…

3 Likes

Painless update for me. Well done folks.

Is there any plan to add the new input_*.reload services to the Configuration/Server Controls menu?

2 Likes

I get these errors after update:

2020-01-16 09:22:05 ERROR (MainThread) [aiounifi.api] Couldn't find key: 'None'
2020-01-16 09:22:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 284, in async_update_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 320, in _async_write_ha_state
    state = self.state
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 588, in state
    return STATE_ON if self.is_on else STATE_OFF
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/unifi/switch.py", line 219, in is_on
    return self.port.poe_mode != "off"
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/unifi/switch.py", line 264, in port
    return self.device.ports[self.client.sw_port]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'ports'

Hi,
after update, my MPD media player is failing to init.
I’ve got this error:

mpd: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 299, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 461, in async_device_update
await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/mpd/media_player.py”, line 154, in update
self._fetch_status()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/mpd/media_player.py”, line 136, in _fetch_status
position = self._status[“time”]
KeyError: ‘time’

Any idea? I guess it’s related to @ndonegan changes.