0.105: Safe mode, Headers & Footers, New Zones Editor, Garmin, Sighthound

Removing the alexa integration and re-adding it seems to have fixed the issue now :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

I updated, and instantly my iOS Device Trackers switched to unknown. I couldn’t seem to get them back, so I rolled back to 104. I haven’t seen anyone else mention issues with device trackers aside from those that were fixed by restart. Should I expect the same; that they’ll be fixed if I update again and restart a few times?

well, here we go again…

too bad, had hoped the new (beta) fix would have made the Hue integration more stable. It was working just fine in 104.3 but ever since this new update to 105.1 Hue is back to constantly losing connection:

2020-02-06 23:13:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Error fetching light data: 
2020-02-06 23:13:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Error fetching group data: 
2020-02-06 23:13:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.sensor_base] Error fetching sensor data: 
2020-02-06 23:14:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Error fetching group data: 
2020-02-06 23:14:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.sensor_base] Error fetching sensor data: 
2020-02-06 23:14:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Error fetching light data: 
2020-02-06 23:14:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Error fetching group data: 
2020-02-06 23:15:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Error fetching group data: 
2020-02-06 23:15:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.sensor_base] Error fetching sensor data: 
2020-02-06 23:15:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Error fetching light data: 
2020-02-06 23:16:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Error fetching group data: 

Prior to this new revision, I had 2 distinct Spotify accounts configured and working.
Will that no longer be possible?

state_color seems to not work for me (at least in glance card).
I attempted to add it on card level as well as entity level… but all icons are blue regardless their state

type: glance
state_color: true
entities:
  - entity: group.lights_all
    tap_action:
      action: toggle

@baz123 I agree, although Supervisor is pretty it has lost some functionality. I keep some addons stopped most of the time for security or performance reasons, some of the icons change colour subtly when they are stopped, others don’t (TasmoAdmin for instance).

Maybe a small coloured dot in the bottom or top right of the box, showing the old colours (grey for off, green for started and orange for upgrade?

Same, 105.1 broke my zwave then 105.2 broke my zigbee. Using Nortek HUSBZB-1.

This shows switches yellow when on:

entities:
  - entity: ...
show_name: true
theme: slate
type: glance
show_state: true

But this DOESN’T. Is ’ type: entity-filter supported for state_color?

entities:
show_header_toggle: true
state_filter:
  - 'on'
theme: slate
type: entity-filter

And how does that help someone who is colour blind? A fundamental principle of an inclusive UI is that you do not convey information by colour alone.

1 Like

It is not color alone, Hoover the icon and you will see the state

Same here. I am using Vera

Oh great, so I have to hover over each one, rather than get an ‘at a glance’. What about touch screens and no mouse? The RNIB will tell you this is not an accessible design.

1 Like

Shouldnt this just be a badge with a state?

1 Like

First time since 0.7x when update fails for me completely :frowning:
Updating from 104.3, all config checked to be fine prior to update and also no expected effect from braking changes. After updating homeassistant does not start (no UI). I still can SSH and access files via SMB.
I checked config after upgrade from CLI and it shows some errors, that twere not there previously:

Error: Testing configuration at /config
WARNING:homeassistant.util.yaml.loader:YAML file /config/automations.yaml contains duplicate key "value_template". Check lines 1394 and 1396.
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of xmltodict==0.4
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of xmltodict==0.12.0
ERROR:homeassistant.scripts.check_config:BURB
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py", line 204, in check
    async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 583, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 129, in async_check_ha_config_file
    config = config_schema(config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 386, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 373, in validate_mapping
    new_key = ckey(key_path, key)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 659, in validator
    value = config[key]
TypeError: string indices must be integers
Fatal error while loading config: string indices must be integers
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - string indices must be integers
Successful config (partial)

The only line that seems to be wrong in config is:

WARNING:homeassistant.util.yaml.loader:YAML file /config/automations.yaml contains duplicate key "value_template". Check lines 1394 and 1396.

But since I have lots of includes it does not refer to specific place in configuration.yaml, so it is hard to find it…

I tried to downgrade to 0.104.3 from CLI, but command does not execute, immediatelly returns to prompt.

I tried to restore from snapshot, seems process starts but then I loose SSH connection, so cannot see the result. After reconnection seems restore was not completed (shows current version 0.105.2). Someone in the forum recommended to wipe and restore, but I’ve not found such possiblity from CLI (I recall such option from UI).

I’m running home assistant as VM on ESX host. Any idea how to get it cak upr and running without fresh install?

EDIT: I found duplicated template_value and corrected configuration, though home assistabt does not start. When I attempt to do so manually from CLI I see that process tries to strt (spiing progress wheel), but never completes. I re-run configuration chek and I see some other entries now, that were not shown previously:

Error: Testing configuration at /config
WARNING:homeassistant.components.device_tracker:The 'hide_if_away' option (with value 'False') is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.107.0
WARNING:homeassistant.components.device_tracker:The 'hide_if_away' option (with value 'False') is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.107.0
WARNING:homeassistant.components.automation:The 'hide_entity' option (with value 'False') is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.107
WARNING:homeassistant.components.automation:The 'hide_entity' option (with value 'False') is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.107
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of aiofiles==0.4.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of aiogithubapi==0.4.3
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of hacs_frontend==20200104192235
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of integrationhelper==0.2.2
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of semantic_version==2.8.4
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pyatv==0.4.0a13
WARNING:homeassistant.components.group:The 'view' option (with value 'True') is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.107.0
WARNING:homeassistant.components.group:The 'view' option (with value 'True') is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.107.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of xmltodict==0.4
ERROR:homeassistant.scripts.check_config:BURB
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py", line 204, in check
    async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 583, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 129, in async_check_ha_config_file
    config = config_schema(config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 386, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 373, in validate_mapping
    new_key = ckey(key_path, key)
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 659, in validator
    value = config[key]
TypeError: string indices must be integers
Fatal error while loading config: string indices must be integers
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - string indices must be integers
Successful config (partial)

did “wipe and restore” it worked for me. back in 104.3. SSH everything was ok.

How do you perform wipe and restore from CLI?

sorry, did it from GUI, do not know the command, but should exist

OK, understand… I can’t use UI since HA does not start… the only option is CLI, but it seems not to have such option available… or at least I did not found one yet :frowning:

once I did fresh install from new SD card, just had to install SSH, Samba and then restored snapshot, works great

TADA !!! Got it up and running again!
Not sure why, but downgrade to 0.104.3 did not worked… but when I tried to downgrade to 0.104.2 it was processed properly and afterwards HA started again! Now need to recheck if everything works fine. Though yet would be interesting to know why update to 0.105.2 filed so miserably…