0.105: Safe mode, Headers & Footers, New Zones Editor, Garmin, Sighthound

Therefore, I would suggest being polite, especially for @pergola.fabio, if someone is confused with changes. Sometimes it is difficult to understand even if you read those changes, PRs and docs altogether.

1 Like

Complaining is being polite? Assuming the devs are making breaking changes on purpose is being polite?

Honestly, I would expect that to work. But is that a group, or is that just a glance card?

i was not complaining, i dont like other people complaining about breaking changes and they do need to read… thats the way it is…

we should be happy that there are so many breaking changes, thats a good thing, it keeps up to date
if you dont want to read, dont want to change code, then Home Assistant is NOT the way to go

Today, I pulled up the Logbook panel for the first time since upgrading, and the load time is much improved on my RPi 3B. Much appreciated!

It’s a glance card. But same thing for an entities card:

entities:
  - entity: sensor.cyberpower_cp1500pfclcd_battery_charge
  - entity: sensor.cyberpower_cp1500pfclcd_battery_runtime
  - entity: sensor.cyberpower_cp1500pfclcd_input_voltage
  - entity: sensor.cyberpower_cp1500pfclcd_load
  - entity: sensor.cyberpower_cp1500pfclcd_status
title: CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD
type: entities

Is there a way to create an area card or a group card that “spreads” the entities of the area/group?

I don’t think so, but try placing those items in a group and see if it changes the friendly name when placed into the entities card.

Created the cyberpower group, but same thing. But it’s also not working for me for lights either:

I have both an area and a group called master that includes light.master_light. Maybe I’m misunderstanding what ‘generated’ mode refers to (I assumed not yaml mode)?

It might be referring to the mode where the UI is auto generated for the user.

Still broken in 105.3!!! Google Assistant Test app won’t link!

As someone who was told rtfm and then spent three hours troubleshooting said manual to then figured out how the manual had a typo

This is all too real

FYI the manual had numbers transposed. Humans are humans you know.

And you submitted a PR to correct the docs right? What was the error? I don’t recall any error…

1 Like

Yep

Pi hole add-on issue, if I recall.

[Edit] The HA update broke the add-on and in the updated docs two numbers were transposed

[Edit x2] Someone else may have submitted the correction for me. I asked how to do it though.

There is an error in this particular case. The breaking change about Google Assistant aliases points to the wrong PR. But which PR is the right one? You have to know that to submit a PR to correct it

I searched a bit and the correct PR reference that the release note should point at is 31416

But then - release note is a blog post. I cannot submit a PR to a blog post it seems. So if someone with edit access to the blog post could fix the number…

You gotta tag a mod if the wrong PR is linked. Someone that has access to the @system account.

“tag a mod” ??

yeah, a moderator of the forums, seeing that it’s a forum post

Maybe I’m blind but how do I set up the Header/Footer on the entities cards?

It’s covered in the docs. A basic example would be:

- type: entities
  header:
    type: picture
    image: path_to_image
  footer:
    type: picture
    image: path_to_image
1 Like

I’m ashamed of myself… I didn’t even think about the docs. I was digging all around the announcement and the comments here.

Thanks!