0.105: Safe mode, Headers & Footers, New Zones Editor, Garmin, Sighthound

would like to know how to add state_color as well

type: entities
state_color: true
entities:

where do I put that?

In your lovelace configuration for the card. If you’re using auto-generated UI, it is not an option to change.

@iantrich can you confirm is this is correct as a per entity entry?

Expected a value of type undefined for state_color but received true.

is this normal for it to respond like that?

yes, that is correct or you can apply it to the full card

the UI editor does not support that configuration yet. It will default to yaml mode if added. I’ll get that sorted in an upcoming release

@iantrich It produces this error as posted earlier, with that config.

so that was a expected response?

That just means you can’t use the UI editor, it is not an error in the sense that your card doesn’t work. Just ignore it for now

last question since you seem to be the one on this is this going to be a toggle button in the UI editor and be selectable for each entitiy in that card?

I agree with youareme7. I use lovelace and AppDaemon for the front end, but I also use the states UI quite a bit for troubleshooting, and to do a quick look at a device status, to see why something not shown on the front end might be causing problems with an automation, etc.
I would like this feature to remain, even if it’s only under the development or advanced menu.

Edit: Never mind :wink:
Anyone having trouble creating a new view with 0.105?

Every time I create a new lovelace view it duplicates an existing view. Not a new empty view as it should.

And deleting one duplicate view deletes one. However the other duplicate views change to another view when one is deleted.

Edit: Rolled back to 104 and same happened. It’s been a wile since I created a new view, don’t know when this started. Hmm. I’ll poke around. NM.

Edit: Figured it out. If you create a view with a name that has a number, like “3dprinter”. Your third view tab view will somehow be duplicated in the new view.
Likewise if you name a view like “4dwhatever”, the forth view tab is duplicated.

That is what the states tab in developer tools is for.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s 0.105 related cause I also upgrade the core to 3.9 but I loose my Chromecast Audio Entity, they still in the device manage but I can do nothing with it. I cannot put it in the locelace or in automation…

How frequently should we expect Garmin Connect to sync? I enabled it and I have a lot of historical data. It’s been 15 minutes and everything still says “Unknown”

So are Samsung TVs no longer discoverable using discovery? My config has this line

discovery:
  ignore:
    - samsung_tv

and it’s throwing this error after upgrade to 0.105.0

2020-02-06 13:29:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [discovery]: value is not allowed @ data['discovery']['ignore'][0]. Got 'samsung_tv'. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 93). Please check the docs at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/discovery
2020-02-06 13:29:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for discovery: Invalid config.

The discovery integration doco page still has it listed as a valid value.

Try without the underscore?

Speaking of which, can someone confirm that the example in the documentation is wrong? Should media_player.samsung_tv maybe be media_player.samsungtv?

The Discovery doco page still has samsung_tv as a valid ignore value.

Wouldn’t the example in the Samsung doco be media_player.<whatever your entity is called>? It doesn’t matter that the integration is called samsungtv in this example.