0.105: Safe mode, Headers & Footers, New Zones Editor, Garmin, Sighthound

I will not be adding it as an option in the editor. We’ll eventually do an overhaul of the editors and I exoeythis would be an advanced option.

Yes it does, but things slip through. Given that the integration is samsungtv not samsung_tv I expect the discovery page may be wrong. Anyway, easy enough to try, and then you can submit a change to the docs if it is needed.

1 Like

I think Samsung must no longer be discoverable, since samsungtv also does not work:

2020-02-06 14:25:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [discovery]: value is not allowed @ data['discovery']['ignore'][0]. Got 'samsungtv'. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 93). Please check the docs at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/discovery
2020-02-06 14:25:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for discovery: Invalid config.

How long did it take for you? 20min later, my Z-wave network still won’t start and OZW logs says the controller is dropping all commands…

So don’t try and ignore it via configuration.yaml… when it’s discovered you can probably ignore the integration now… I have added samsungtv as an integration and I think you could ignore rather than add it.

The docs say you should be able to add it to ignore though… Might need to file an issue if above suggestion doesn’t work.

For the people that are still using the old States UI, I’ve created an issue on the frontend repo to gather some feedback to see what the old States UI has but is missing from our states dev tool or the entity registry page. Feedback welcome https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/issues/4784

4 Likes

Another job well done! Go team go! The dream team has outdone themselves once again. I love paying my Home Assistant/Nabu Casa subscription and listening to the podcasts- I’ve become obsessed and have learned so much over the last year and a half since I started my Home Assistant journey- I LOVE IT- KEEP UP THE HARD WORK and I look forward to the bright future that Home Assistant has to offer!

5 Likes

plus one!!!

I see that some people are having troubles with the samsungtv component (or integration, config ). Me too. I removed the old media_player: section regarding samsungtv from the configuration.yaml - but no “samsung” is present on the integration adding page. So i replaced the media_player: with the recommended samsungtv: entry in my configuration.yaml and this is the error message i’m getting:

Setup failed for samsungtv: No setup function defined.

I have it when I press the + button, and I don’t have a samsung tv in the house to it is not being discovered.

I think the docs say +10 minutes between polls due to the api… I don’t know how often but I have used it for a couple of weeks and my guess is new data is conning around every time 30-60 min

1 Like

So you have the ‘samsung’ listed, however you don’t even have a samsung tv at all?

!secret stopped working in zone files. This broke my setup but is not listed as a breaking change?

thanks all people involved in this new version! One procedure question, yesterday I’ve seen HassOS 3.9 was available, so I updated it. This morning I updated 0.105.1. Is this the correct sequence? I mean HASSOS and HA are fully independent or upgrading to 0.105.1 would also have updated automatically HASSOS? Sorry for the question, just for my understanding.

Yes, but of course there are many things listed there that I do not have, like Tesla (just picked an example I would like to have :slight_smile: )

You have pressed the + button haven’t you?

Hassos update and HA update are seperate and independent.

1 Like

@nickrout, thanks for the kind considered response. I did read it, but I wondered if there was another way via the UI.

The answer is (I think) that, no sorry there isn’t a way to group within the UI, but you can use the light.switch integration to create a light out of a switch and group those.

Thanks for your help :+1:

1 Like

Yes I did. However it’s not the first time something doesn’t show up on that list - HACS haven’t either. Not really sure why.

Is it possible with the new spotify integration to use more than one account? If yes, how, because the documentation doesn’t mention anything about it?

Yes, just go to the configuration panel → integration → Add a new integration → Spotify.

Repeat that as many times as you want.

That is actually incorrect. You just need 1 set of client/secret. Adding in multiple will not work.

3 Likes