0.106.3: Coronavirus integration (COVID-19), track the outbreak

I’ve been using the COVID-19 integration since shortly after it was first release. I’ve only ever had it configured to follow the US and everything worked fine until about a month or so ago when the current and recovered sensors went “unknown”. I have secondary sensors that formats all 4 of the provided sensors, but the actual provided for those two have stopped working. Am I the only one seeing this as it seems those values are not being provided. I’ve tried deleting and re-adding the integration, but it’s still the same.

State: unknown
attribution: Data provided by Johns Hopkins
unit_of_measurement: people
friendly_name: US Coronavirus current
icon: 'mdi:emoticon-sad-outline'

State: unknown
attribution: Data provided by Johns Hopkins
unit_of_measurement: people
friendly_name: US Coronavirus recovered
icon: 'mdi:emoticon-happy-outline'
2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. Let me know if you find a solution!

I haven’t gotten any new data on my sensors in the last 48 hours, even though it’s been updated on the Johns Hopkins site to include new data. Anyone else?

Same here. No new data for 3 days now.

Same here as well.

Also no (particular) new data for last days with custom data retrieval via Coronatracker api (only US, India, Russia, Brazil).
Go figure…
So I guess that problem is not on HA side as two data providers exhibit the same pattern :frowning:
Best, JR
PS This is the latest I got on my selection (last column is date):
COVID_bad_data

Started working again today.

Anyone else? Still not working for me and it’s been this way for months. Still the same as I posted in 235 above. :frowning_face:

Fine here and the local one is also updating

I’d like to display a daily cases / deaths chart similar to this one within Home Assistant. I have the mini-graph card installed. Could I follow steps 1-3 in @scstraus post and simply display that within?

Yep should work. Though I didn’t know about the statistics component, this looks like it’s more elegant, but I haven’t personally tried it since mine is working already.

Same for me

Here also the sensors say “Unknown”. No updates for me…

Solved by uninstall the integration, restart HA and new install of the integration.

HAving a party to early, the values dissapeared again: Not available…

My total cases sensor is working but the active cases sensor has started growing uncontrollably, it’s something like double the actual number of active cases now.

nice integration of information. WHO also provides similar kind of health regarding update of corona virus.

My active number of cases sensor stopped working 4 days ago, anyone else?

My current case count for the US hasn’t worked in ages. From my post above looks like at least January. Same with recovered cases which I believe I saw this week has been discontinued. I finally dropped both from being displayed because they haven’t worked in so long and nobody seems to have an answer. :man_shrugging:

The data is pulled from a website. If the website doesn’t have the data, then neither does the integration.