0.107: Multiple Lovelace Dashboards, adds helpers, new media player card

Logbook is much faster, super!

Create a lovelace filein the main directory and in that one you can make includes to whatever you want

lovelace-settings:
      mode: yaml
      title: Settings
      icon: mdi:cogs
      show_in_sidebar: true
      filename: ui-lovelace_settings.yaml

and in the lovelace file

views:
  - !include my_lovelace/ver_2/new_home_lovelace.yaml
  - !include my_lovelace/home_lovelace.yaml
  - !include my_lovelace/ver_2/floorplan_lovelace.yaml
1 Like

Thank you for your help. Apologies if I didnt ask correctly.
So im in 107 and have created a couple of dashboards with their respective yaml files in the conf directory.
What I want to do is put those dashboard yaml files in a direcory called lovelace. So the dashboard entry must some how point to those yam files. but using the standard include doesnt work

As it is right now you need to put the main YAML files in the config directory.
But in that file you can include however you want. See my short examples above

thank you again. So it’s just not possible at this stage.
the main files need to stay at the conf level

Access to Google location API. GCP reported spike in my API consumption and good thing I have a notification deployed to notify me if I have exceed the billing limit.

I ran into the same thing for my meteogram image… if you pull more than X times a day, they charge you. Turns out that the camera component in HA silently ignores scan_interval, so I nearly got charged hundreds of dollars. Scan interval for web cameras

Anyone tried the new DHT sensor? I cannot force it to work. I always get python errors.

2020-03-21 14:08:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] dht: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 312, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 476, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/dht/sensor.py", line 137, in update
    self.dht_client.update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 240, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/dht/sensor.py", line 173, in update
    humidity, temperature = self.adafruit_dht.read_retry(self.sensor, self.pin)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 94, in read_retry
    humidity, temperature = read(sensor, pin, platform)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 80, in read
    platform = get_platform()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 55, in get_platform
    from . import Raspberry_Pi_2
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/Raspberry_Pi_2.py", line 22, in <module>
    from . import Raspberry_Pi_2_Driver as driver
ImportError: cannot import name 'Raspberry_Pi_2_Driver' from 'Adafruit_DHT' (/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/__init__.py)

Hi everyone,
from 107.x version minut point integrations doesn’t work anymore.
All sensors are in unavailable mode.

Please consider a fix for that.
Thank you so much.
Regards,

Alessandro

Haven’t gone through the 225 messages above, apologies if it’s already been posted.

I have an issue/gripe with the new lovelace. Having to move resources to configuration.yaml is annoying, but I can live with it.
The major issue though is when trying to create/manage dashboards. Having that data in configuration.yaml means I have to restart HA to see the changes.
(Yeah I know I could do it from the UI, but I’m trying to use yaml mode)

I’m also forced to place my main lovelace dashboard file in the (already crowded) root directory else it’s not recognised (the / are just deleted and I end up with a file that obviously does not exist)

I also have questions about the new dashboard functionality. I haven’t updated yet.

I use yaml mode and have my lovelace config in the ui-lovelace.yaml in the config directory.

I understand that I will need to move the resources from ui-lovelace.yaml into the configuration.yaml under the “lovelace:” section.

But just to clarify, after that I shouldn’t need to do anything else to keep my lovelace config exactly the same as it is now? It will still continue to use the ui-lovelace.yaml file without needing to reference that default file anywhere, correct?

And then if I want to add another dashboard I can then add an entry to the configuration.yaml in the “lovelace:” section pointing to the newly added dashboard configuration filename? So I would then end up with two dashboards but only one of them needs to be referenced in the config? The default ui-lovelace.yaml will still work even then without it being referenced anywhere else?

Inspired by the new dashboard examples, i was actually wondering what would be a good setup for the examples as shown, mote specifically the
“generated.yaml” - an auto generated dashboard
"Tools"what would one display there?
Just looking fro some general inspiration

I think if you read above it is clear what is needed.
My configuration.yaml

lovelace:
  mode: yaml
  resources: !include lovelace/resources.yaml

I had my resources in a yaml file prior to the update so moving for me was very easy. You can also just leave them in the configuration.yaml file.
The dashboard is easily added from configuration, lovelace dashboards. You can have yaml or ui type. Since I have yaml already setup I setup two UI type. One that I don’t touch and it keeps adding devices to and the second where I take control so I can understand and learn the new HA.

1 Like

Maybe you should read above. All you need to most of the time is refresh the browser. I make changes all the time to my different lovelace views. I save the file and then refresh and the changes show up.

Read the 2nd post (way back up there) and the reply from Frenk. There’s a service to reload it.

1 Like

The dht sensor is not new.

There was a small change to the code 22 days ago, but nothing that should cause what you see.

Has the dependency Adafruit-DHT been successfully loaded? Check your log

grep -i adafruit home-assistant.log

I read the whole thread before I posted above and yet here I am…

The biggest question I had that I don’t think has been answered is if I need to specify my current ui-lovelace.yaml configuration file in the lovelace: section of configuration.yaml or if it will be picked up automatically as the default? And will it still be that way if I subsequently add other dashboards?

I do not. My lovelace.yaml file is located in my config directory. It is called ui-lovelace.yaml.

https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/yaml-mode/

This give directions on it.
My lovelace file which I used Frenck’s github public post just loads other stuff.

---
# This is actually just a bootstrap for my Lovelace configuration.

# It loads all resources for Lovelace dynamically from subfolders- since changed in .107
# inside the `lovelace/resources` directory.
#
# Views are actually include one by one, this to guarantee the order of
# the tabs of the view in the UI.
#
title: Home Control Panel
# from .107 move to configuration.yaml
#resources: !include lovelace/resources.yaml
custom_header: !include lovelace/cards/custom_header.yaml

views:
  - !include lovelace/views/main.yaml
  - !include lovelace/views/system_info.yaml
  - !include lovelace/views/test.yaml
  - !include lovelace/views/auto.yaml
  - !include lovelace/views/media.yaml

This doesn’t seem to work if you have your main Lovelace config in storage mode but add YAML mode dashboards in configuration.yaml like this:

lovelace:
  mode: storage
  dashboards:

New YAML mode dashboards don’t appear until HA is restarted and the reload service isn’t present, presumably because this is only created if the main Lovelace config is in YAML mode.

No it doesn’t. I read it before I came here to ask my question two posts ago.

It doesn’t answer the question I am asking.

You aren’t answering the question I am asking.

Can anybody answer the question I’m asking?

If you are not getting the answer, back up and try it.