0.107: Multiple Lovelace Dashboards, adds helpers, new media player card

I am having the same issue, unable to see custom header on second Lovelace dashboard, anyone got a fix?

Could you provide an example of exactly how you’re running it, along with your Dockerfile if you’ve created your own image, or exactly which image you’re using if not?

I just upgraded to 107.2 from 107.1 and it resulted in my lovelace config being combined into a single view and cards being eliminated.

docker run --restart unless-stopped  --init -d --name="home-assistant" -e "TZ=Pacific/Auckland" -v /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant:/config --net=host homeassistant/home-assistant:latest

No dockerfile. On a nuc running ubuntu 18.04.

Did you copy the entries you had to put in raw-configurator to the new dashboard’s raw-configurator?
I did, but when I switch dashboards, I have to reload the page to get compact header working…

I use the yaml mode, I put all the resources into the yaml config? Is that right?

That’s running as root.

Ah I see. I don’t use yaml mode, so I’m not sure if I can help you…but let’s try :slight_smile:
The resources belong into the configuration.yaml.

Regarding Cutom Header: Do you now have multiple ~ui lovelace.yaml files, right? If so, did you add this (or whatever you want it to be) to every single one?

custom_header:
  chevrons: false
  compact_mode: true
  editor_warnings: false
  hide_help: true
  hide_unused: true
  voice_hide: true

afterwards it should work, but only limited (page needs to be reloaded after switching dashboards)

BTW: I also had troubles because of the resource path renaming of hacs (now hacsfiles) - maybe this could also affect you?

I have included the resources in the configuration.yaml, I have also added the custom header config to each of my ui yaml files. I am still using the old naming system so I was try the new rename. Thank you!

EDIT: I changed the file locations in the configuration.yaml but still no change, not sure what I am doing wrong?

Just updated to 107.3 from 107.1 and aarlo is down getting the following error:

Unable to prepare setup for platform aarlo.camera: Unable to set up component.

7:55:21 PM – setup.py (ERROR)

I thought this strange as 107.1 had aarlo working just fine. Any info on this? I attempted an update on hacs.

Edit: Had to reinstall again and restart and all is well with the world.

Yes sorry you are right it is. That command is run from my (non root) user but docker runs it as root, my mistake.

I don’t see this reported elsewhere, but since .107 (and now at .107.3 on Hassio) I’m getting this:

The websocket command media_player_thumbnail is deprecated. Use /api/media_player_proxy instead.

Logger: homeassistant.components.media_player
Source: components/media_player/__init__.py:904

I mostly use the custom mini media player, but this is happening in the log file before I even go into Lovelace, it happens on reboot and repeats 6 times. There’s no clear indication which media player this is, but I have three TV’s, three Chromecasts, plus numerous Google Home devices. The errors occur within seconds of server restart. The TV’s are WebOS (LG).

Everything is working at the moment, and this might be just a warning relevant to developers only but just trying to stay ahead of the change curve if I need to do something.

Good day, is it possible to put the new dashboards into directory and modify the path to them?

dashboards:
    lovelace-first: # Needs to contain a hyphen (-)
      mode: yaml
      filename: old.yaml
      title: Old
      icon: mdi:tools
      show_in_sidebar: true
      require_admin: true

I’ve tried !include dir/old.yaml it doesnt work tried dir/lovelace-first no luck
thank you

1 Like

Logbook is much faster, super!

Create a lovelace filein the main directory and in that one you can make includes to whatever you want

lovelace-settings:
      mode: yaml
      title: Settings
      icon: mdi:cogs
      show_in_sidebar: true
      filename: ui-lovelace_settings.yaml

and in the lovelace file

views:
  - !include my_lovelace/ver_2/new_home_lovelace.yaml
  - !include my_lovelace/home_lovelace.yaml
  - !include my_lovelace/ver_2/floorplan_lovelace.yaml
1 Like

Thank you for your help. Apologies if I didnt ask correctly.
So im in 107 and have created a couple of dashboards with their respective yaml files in the conf directory.
What I want to do is put those dashboard yaml files in a direcory called lovelace. So the dashboard entry must some how point to those yam files. but using the standard include doesnt work

As it is right now you need to put the main YAML files in the config directory.
But in that file you can include however you want. See my short examples above

thank you again. So it’s just not possible at this stage.
the main files need to stay at the conf level

Access to Google location API. GCP reported spike in my API consumption and good thing I have a notification deployed to notify me if I have exceed the billing limit.

I ran into the same thing for my meteogram image… if you pull more than X times a day, they charge you. Turns out that the camera component in HA silently ignores scan_interval, so I nearly got charged hundreds of dollars. Scan interval for web cameras

Anyone tried the new DHT sensor? I cannot force it to work. I always get python errors.

2020-03-21 14:08:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] dht: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 312, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 476, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/dht/sensor.py", line 137, in update
    self.dht_client.update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 240, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/dht/sensor.py", line 173, in update
    humidity, temperature = self.adafruit_dht.read_retry(self.sensor, self.pin)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 94, in read_retry
    humidity, temperature = read(sensor, pin, platform)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 80, in read
    platform = get_platform()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 55, in get_platform
    from . import Raspberry_Pi_2
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/Raspberry_Pi_2.py", line 22, in <module>
    from . import Raspberry_Pi_2_Driver as driver
ImportError: cannot import name 'Raspberry_Pi_2_Driver' from 'Adafruit_DHT' (/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Adafruit_DHT/__init__.py)