0.107: Multiple Lovelace Dashboards, adds helpers, new media player card

Yes but the Configurator validated the config.yaml as well :frowning: This needs to ge more robust still… I have checked everything before upgrading, everything got validated and yet I have all kinds of issues that are not mentioned in Breaking changes. In Safe mode, I only get this: Don't use 'server_host' options with Hass.io

Have you enabled zones? e.g., by adding zone: or having default_config: in your configuration?
If so, it should work. Please lets us know which version you have upgraded from by raising an issue on our GitHub issue tracker.

The configurator check YAML as a syntax in general and has no idea on the actual content.

It sounds to me like at this point you don’t know what is wrong, nor do I at this point. Not sure what I should write in the breaking changes at this point. Do you?

Let’s focus on the issue first and see if we can find what it is. If it needs an adjustment to the release post or fixing using a new patch release, sure, we will do.

As I said, the error message to me looked like a misconfiguration/indent issue. Please make sure it is correct. If you are absolutely sure you have correctly configure it, please consider raising a bug report on our GitHub so we can dive into it.

Hmm, my picture elements card doesnt load anymore, strange, its not a custom i believe?

Custom element doesn’t exist: hui-picture-elements-card.

card:
  type: picture-elements
1 Like

After updating to 0.107.0 I can no longer add cards using the UI, they’re gone :frowning:

1 Like

Hi. After upgrading.

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/init.py:269
Integration: Hass.io (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:25:34 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:32:30 PM

Invalid config for [group]: [view] is an invalid option for [group]. Check: group->group->light_toggle_group->view. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 836).

Commented my groups.yaml:

#
#  desliga_na_saida:
#    name: Desliga na saida
#    entities:
#      - switch.aquecedor_quarto
#      - switch.plug_158d00039c0fa0 #ventilador cozinha

Even after commented groups.yaml, i can’t restart or solve this error.

When I don’t modify config.yaml, I get whole lot of “Custom element doesn’t exist” red boxes but other than that, HA starts. Release notes resources are supposed to be moved automatically but obviously weren’t.

When I move the resources from the lovelace raw editor to config.yaml like this (below), I get safe mode with a single error: Don't use 'server_host' options with Hass.io

lovelace:
  mode: yaml
  resources:
    - type: module
      url: /community_plugin/button-card/button-card.js
    - type: css
      url: 'https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Raleway'
    - type: js
      url: /community_plugin/tracking-number-card/tracking-number-card.js
    - type: js

... # there's more

Can you please tell me what’s wrong?

This awesome new feature comes with a deprecation if you use Lovelace in manual YAML mode: You need to move the resource section from your ui-lovelace.yaml to the lovelace: section in configuration.yaml. It is not a breaking change yet; we still load them from the previous location if we didn’t find anything in the lovelace: section, however, this fallback is being removed in a future version.

I tried to look at some of the examples posted before I screw something up. I guess this has not caught up as of yet?

I went to frenck example files in https://github.com/frenck/home-assistant-config. There appears to be no change. Resources is loaded via resources: !include_dir_list lovelace/resources. I assume that this line needs to move from the ui-lovelace.yaml to the configuration.yaml file?
I.e my configuration.yaml had

lovelace:

and my ui.lovelace.yaml had

resources: !include lovelace/resources.yaml

I need to change it to:

lovelace:
  resources: !include lovelace/resources.yaml

If this is correct, do I do this prior to updating?

The release notes state it will move automatically if you use a UI managed Lovelace, which you don’t have (you are doing YAML). So no, it will not automatically move.

The part of your configuration you shared, looks fine. The error you get in safe mode is a known issue (but more an incorrect message), which is still open to address.

Please check the full logs for more information or hints.

It actually says you have to move them yourself if using yaml mode.

My personal config on GitHub isn’t updated and cannot serve as an example for this.

Please check the Home Assistant documentation for up 2 date information:

https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/yaml-mode/

Your suggested change looks correct, but haven’t tested it myself yet, so cannot confirm it.

Yes. And when I do that, I get Safe mode. The new portion of config.yaml where I move the lovelace resources are fine according to Frenck.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I do this prior to the update?

Another smooth upgrade, thanks devs!

1 Like

You don’t have to do that prior update. 0.107 will fallback to the old method for now, but it is advised to change it to the new format as soon as possible.

There is quite some changes around this in the breaking changes section. E.g., the view configuration option (as you mentioned) has been removed.

The error in log is this: Invalid config for [lovelace]: value is not allowed for dictionary value @ data['lovelace']['resources'][6]['type']. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 41). Please check the docs at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/lovelace 2020-03-18 19:27:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for lovelace: Invalid config.

Line 41 is the lovelace: line. Here’s the full config.yaml and here’s the log

url: /community_plugin/mini-media-player/mini-media-player-bundle.js
    - url: /community_plugin/calendar-card/calendar-card.js
      url: /community_plugin/mini-graph-card/mini-graph-card-bundle.js

The /community_plugin/calendar-card/calendar-card.js, does not have a type… which is required.

Thanks but even with that fixed (huh, lovelace yaml didn’t mind…), same thing :frowning:

2020-03-18 20:05:38 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [lovelace]: value is not allowed for dictionary value @ data['lovelace']['resources'][6]['type']. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 41). Please check the docs at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/lovelace 2020-03-18 20:05:38 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for lovelace: Invalid config.