0.107: Multiple Lovelace Dashboards, adds helpers, new media player card

Because as frenk said before, even without that it is still valid yaml syntax and that is all that is being checked. It’s not validating correct configuration.

1 Like

You have another one…
Each resource in the list, needs to have a type and url. Valid types are module or css (and legacy/deprecated html and js are allowed).

You have one that says: null, which is not a valid type (and never has been): light-entity-row.js

See: https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/yaml-mode/#resources

1 Like

Just updated to 0.107 and I noticed that my logs are much more verbose than they were. When any automation is triggered, I used to get one log entry, but now I get three!

2020-03-18 16:14:24 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Executing tasmota_rssi
2020-03-18 16:14:24 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] tasmota_rssi: Running script
2020-03-18 16:14:24 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] tasmota_rssi: Executing step call service

The last two lines seem to be new. I believe they may have been present before, but set to a more verbose log level. I think the previous behaviour made more sense.

Thank you very much, that fixed the safe mode. Now I’m off to re-constitute my lovelace config as HA booted into States and my lovelace is nowhere to be found :slight_smile: I’ve actually never directly edited the ui-lovelace.yaml file, just added stuff to it via the Raw editor inside HA GUI.

Looks like GPS Logger is broken now. Opened an Issue on GitHub:

So how do I get my Lovelace config back if I don’t have ui-lovelace.yaml? I apparently had a yaml mode even when I never edited Lovelace outside HA GUI. Current state is I only have States, no way to switch to Lovelace and no ui-lovelace.yaml.

Just a question: what to use instead of groups?
Is there a replacement?
i have to combine multiple entities as one…

There are still groups. Read it again:

It’s only the options and services that the old States UI used that are being removed. These:

if i have group: !include groups.yaml in configuration.yaml it doesn’t validate the config :thinking:
That is why i asked, with previous version no problem at all.

So remove the depreciated options ( like view: ) from your groups. The only valid options are listed here:

QVR pro, yeah! great work guys. But how does it work, added to config and then what?

I have restored my 106.6 setup and now I’m looking for a good upgrade path.

1. I do not use ui-lovelace.yaml. I have added a couple of HACS plugins via the Raw editor (before HACS was able to handle adding it itself). I do want to keep useing these.
  2. I don’t want to, however, fully rely on manual editing of ui-lovelace.yaml to make changes to Lovelace. I do want to be able to do it via HA GUI.

So what do I do? Without manual copying of lovelace resources into configuration.yaml, these were “not found” and I got red boxes. With copying, I never got out of Safe mode, even with fixed, correct config.yaml.

According to the docs it should create camera entities. Check the configuration / entities menu for the entity ids the add Lovelace picture-entity cards using them.

If I add a new yaml dashboard - do I need to restart for it to show up?

Yes, that would need a restart of HA (only if added via YAML)

1 Like

Hmmm, it has not added entiites to my HA from qvr. What about port config. Also it says:

"username

(string)(Required)

The username for accessing your Ring account.

password

(string)(Required)

The password for accessing your Ring account."

what is Ring account??! might be a mistake here of copy paste.

Add these cards are using HACS, perhaps?

Now you are back at 106.6, you don’t have your custom resources loaded right? Just update to 0.107 and make sure you clear your cache afterward.

EDIT: Oh, I know why your update failed, because your resource config was incorrect. If you correct the resources before you update to 0.107 you will be fine.

1 Like

Mine failed also. I had several sensors setup in my configuration.yaml file. I removed them all and the update worked. I did not change the resource per the new instruction. I then add the sensors back, rebooted and all worked. Now to find out what sensor configuration is causing update issues. Had the same problem in .106.6

1 Like

Is anyone using zha component? I previously had it working and after upgrade to 107 it is looking at the default path /dev/zigbee rather than the one I have defined in the configuration.

Error: Error setting up entry /dev/zigbee for zha

Config:

zha:
  usb_path: /dev/zstick
  database_path: /config/zigbee.db