0.107 Warning about community_plugin

I keep seeing this in my log file:

2020-03-18 23:39:11 WARNING (MainThread) [hacs.deprecated] The '/community_plugin/*' is deprecated and will be removed in an upcomming version of HACS, it has been replaced by '/hacsfiles/*', .....

What exactly do I need to update/fix to get rid of it?

goto your resource: now in configuration.yaml and edit the url to

url: /hacsfiles/lovelace-home-feed-card/lovelace-home-feed-card.js 

for example from

url: /community_plugin/lovelace-home-feed-card/lovelace-home-feed-card.js

on all of your custom cards. Nothing else needs to be changed.

5 Likes

Great, thanks for that

What if i have the error

But do not have resource: in configuration.yaml?

Check in the configuration panel. You can use the GUI to edit it.

I did change below by being very blond:

(2 out of 3 are changed here, 3rd is also now)

Hope that was the place :slight_smile:

Yep exactly there.

Do i need to edit this manually

in 107 the resources are not in the lovelace yaml anymore so unclear what you are asking… If you use yaml you will edit them in yaml. If you use the GUI you edit the GUI as per the above.

I have resources in both yaml and GUI , I edit via GUI asper above but it doesn’t make any change in the yaml and also the same warning message in the log section, do I need to remove the resources from yaml

yes remove from yaml… it is ignoring the YAML if you use lovelace in GUI

I remove resources from YAML and restart after this happened

my installed integrations and the plugins are not showing

ok everything back online I misspell a repository URL sorry

1 Like

the home assistant community store update forever it does not show any other integration .plugins and themes

Appreciate some help how to update this. So I have

Where do I start? I do not have the previously mentioned URL in my configuration.yaml.

EDIT: I did click into the list-card and installed and added to Lovelace. Think it updated and went away.

Even i change ‘/community_plugin/’ to ‘/hacsfiles/*’ the same warning message is still there

I’ve changed my resources to url: / hacsfiles/ ... and it works.

But I’m confused about the file location. It looks like /hacsfiles is an alias for: config/www/community

Is that what it should be?

Yeah… I’m interested in that too.
Why do we need to use aliases instead of real path? It’s really misleading.
TBH I don’t understand the change. “community_plugin” was as bad as “hacsfiles” right now. What is the real income of this change?

It isn’t referencing the folder - it’s an endpoint and HACS sets the browser to not cache that endpoint. The real directory is /local/community/* Even local is an endpoint/alias for www.

Even i change ‘/community_plugin/’ to ‘/hacsfiles/*’ the same warning message is still there what is the reason