0.109: New integrations page and weather card, frontend lost weight

Like I said it’s the CARD that selects the icon…

why then does @zsarnett say: 0.109: New integrations page and weather card, frontend lost weight - #423 by zsarnett

your weather Integration is telling the card the state is sunny

maybe because the integrations doesnt offer ‘night’ … which brings back the discussion in the core integrations not doing so?

No. The state from the provider is sunny but the card can check if the sun is up or down and use a different icon. (Mine does!)

1 Like

I see what you mean, and yes, that would be considered second best, or at least a guard for incorrect states. The current weather-forecast card should probably do that. (at least for as long as the core integrations show incorrect states)

the provider, (in my case Buienradar, but I’ve just read an issue on home assistant/frontend about Openweathermap), of course shouldn’t use state ‘sunny’ during sundown, or night in the first place.

Lots of providers don’t have a different state at night. (BOM in Australia doesn’t for example). Generic way is if the card handles it by setting a different icon at a different time.

lets hope the card rewrite (@zsarnett) will take this into account… Would certainly applaud your way of solving the generic issue. Of course, this doesn’t only apply for the ‘clear’ condition…

Yeah… I have icons for night/day for around 6 conditions.

1 Like

Which card do you use?

think this is new info, so post the link once more: https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues/5774

no solution pointing at each other…

Have to say, love the new weather card. Really appreciate the simplicity of information, and the icons and colours are lovely.

1 Like

It is the BOM weather card in HACS. It will work with any provider in any country even though it says bom Australia

2 Likes

Ah, did not know that. Will give it a try :slight_smile:

MyQ integration stopped working
MyQ Hub shows as unavailable as well as a garage door

File a bug report on the github repo

This is a known issues. Being worked on

1 Like

Any chance to get a peek at your YAML for this card David?

Personally / unfortunately not loving the new weather card and, short of designing my own from scratch using vertical-stack-in-card, this seems like a great option! Thx in advance!

2 Likes

Oh…sorry…I guess I misunderstood which hardware you were using.

Hi guys,
Same issues since version 108 (don’t know exactly which one) with my Z-wave venetian blinds (using Qubino Flush Shutters ZMNHCD1. I know got a lot of bugs in my automation, mostly some random status for tilt especially being returned from HA. Strangely no issues with UP/DOWN, only with tilt.

ISY is broken again. The beta HACS code fixed it. It is non-functional once again in 109.4 and 109.5.