0.110 Calendar week start sunday should be changeable to monday

Well, thats it.
Most of countries start their weeks on monday.

I raised the question in the 0.110 announcement topic. The answer was can’t be done, but there is a PR.

What does a PR mean?

Pull-request to make the changes.

Ok, thanks.

Yup. Got me totally confused today, after updating to 0.111.4. In Germany, weeks also start on Mondays. Otherwise, I really like the new calendar dashboard.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS (top left)! Hopefully, this isn’t too hard to implement—almost every calendar app I know allows setting the week start.

Asked when 0.110 came out. It’s still not in 0.112 :frowning: Given it’s an implementation of an existing open source javascript calendar that has this ability, it’s disappointing.

Now available as a Lovelace card, still without this option :frowning:

1 Like

I even raised the question in the WTH month. :frowning:

This is completely redonkulous. If sunday is part of the weekend then why is it set as the start of the week? Whom ever it was that came up with this idea needs to have their grave salted.
Please fix this.

Yes. It’s late September 2022 and this is still a thing. HA is currently at 2022.9.6

Yep, this is being ignored for quite a while:

There should be 4 options for first day of the week: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday: File:First Day of Week World Map.svg - Wikimedia Commons

In terms of people living, Sunday is by far dominating as its China + India + USA + Indonesia + Brazil

Or we could just adhere to internationally accepted standards

I’d prefer to respecting the locale though.