0.111: Frontend loaded sooner, Elexa Guardian, Unify Circuit, Acmeda

Check your log file for more information that may help.

1 Like

since I am seeing odd errors on pages using hui-element with a markdown card, could this be wrong now too:

card:
      type: custom:hui-element
      card_type: markdown
      style: |
        ha-card {
          box-shadow: none;
          margin: 0px -16px 0px -16px;
        }

it does display the card correctly, but I see errors pointing to weather-forecast-card…

Ok, thanks. I’ll wait a couple of minor updates and try again.

since 0.111.x have noticed create a new simple automation via UX and with a action like

Call Service
notify.notify
title: A title

gives this error (others same previously setup are working and if its manually added to yaml it works)

Message malformed: extra keys not allowed @ data['action'][0]['message']

Probably because that is not formatted correctly.

the Action value provided is

title: "A title subject"

and works ok in Yaml but wont save in the Automation UX giving the error

`Message malformed: extra keys not allowed @ data['action'][0]['message']`

Thoughts on what is missing??

i ran into a weird issue where i am not able to access my raspberry pi 3b+ hassio thru UI or samba. When i look at the display output i am getting this.

The complete action would help us judge.

OK to add here - IF I choose ‘skip’ at the create automation and setup it up as noted, it all works and saves fine. If i use the create automation wizard and then enter the exact same details in each field, i get that save error noted!

Wondering how the Create automation wizard changes the code path to generate this???

The state of the updater binary sensor is no longer reflecting the fact that an update is available.

EDIT: there’s an open issue already:

3 Likes

It’s a kernel error. Possibly a bug or hardware fault or loose network cable?

this started 0.110. coincidence or something changed with 0.110?

I am pretty annoyed at this ticking time-bomb. Are there any fixes? or should i replace the raspberry pi 3b+?

If you are using Home Assistant for pi (One/Hass etc) then maybe you got a new kernel version that caused this? I don’t know, I don’t run that.

I have a release notes suggestion: would it be possible that the “release notes” button in the supervisor update field directly jumps to that particular release note, instead of the generic release note page? There is so much info there that it is sometimes hard to scroll through to the right position.

As you may imagine, the content of the release is the decision factor to update or to wait until a release is published that contains changes that support my setup…

2 Likes

The application you’re running can’t cause hardware failures, or OS faults :wink:

So, yes, coincidence.

Thanks you reminded me what started all this it was the OS update from 3.13 to 4.10. Would that cause any issue? is there a way to downgrade to 3.13? does this very old thread have anything to do with it? https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=160021&sid=a21a78934349f5cb1e04057f8a13d52d&start=50
if so is it the same issue as the wifi issue on
https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/issues/733

Met.no stopped working now as well. Only UNKNOWN is given as weather.

Fixed in 0.111.4

3 Likes

Now on 0.111.4 and it Works Again!
Thanks Paulus. :grinning:

Is anyone else having trouble with panel_custom not loading at startup? I logged an issue here a few days ago but it doesn’t seem to be getting any attention. It doesn’t always happen, but it does probably at least 90% of restarts, only since updating to 0.111.x