0.112: Making things faster; Logbook & History

For the record, seems I use mariaDb and I had to make the column change_id in schema_changes table auto increment to complete the upgrade… there were a load of errors which it claims were not critical, does not exactly inspire confidence tho

Thanks Jonathan, making the column auto increment solved it.

1 Like

homekit problem

Logger: homeassistant.components.homekit
Source: components/homekit/__init__.py:332
Integration: HomeKit Bridge ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/homekit), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+homekit%22))
First occurred: 12:07:47 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:07:47

HomeKit is not ready. Either it is already running or has been stopped

and tuya switch problem

I can always see this error, but I don’t know why

If they don’t come around, you all could perhaps try grabbing the smappee integration before this change was merged (which looks like June 17) and make it a custom component. Here’s a snapshot:

@jamieboy05 @BVE @INTEL

1 Like

@jamieboy05, I’ve seen it. For me, installing 0.112.2 did resolve for one day the problem…
See topic about it : Smappee sensors no longer working

Thank you! Works for now.
Ps: apparently the integration smappee also breaks HomeKit for some people. HomeKit didn’t start until removal of new smappee integration.

As we now know the HomeKit problem was with smappee integration. Thanks to @bdraco for the search and insight!

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/37489

After upgrading from 0.112.2 to 0.112.3, my Overview turned into a bunch of red boxes saying “Custom element doesn’t exist: vertical-stack-in-card.” Restarting did not fix it, but reinstalling vertical-stack-in-card from HACS did.

Agreed. Updater stopped working at 110 for me. I remember glancing over an article that suggested updater was “irrelevant” for Hass.io as we are on a release schedule. Cant find it now.

I’m experiencing troubles on Raspberry Pi 4 with my Xiaomi BLE sensors after updating from 0.111. The range of Bluetooth seems to be lower than normal. The sensors works on max 4-5 meters of range. The problem doesn’t show if I downgrade to 0.111 again. Any fix?

my issue is this:2020-07-07 13:31:49 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Database is about to upgrade. Schema version: 7
2020-07-07 13:31:49 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Adding columns context_parent_id to table events. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
2020-07-07 13:31:49 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Column context_parent_id already exists on events, continuing
2020-07-07 13:31:49 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Adding columns old_state_id to table states. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
2020-07-07 13:31:49 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Column old_state_id already exists on states, continuing
2020-07-07 13:31:49 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Adding index ix_events_context_parent_id to database. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
2020-07-07 13:31:49 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] Error executing query: (sqlite3.DatabaseError) database disk image is malformed
[SQL: CREATE INDEX ix_events_context_parent_id ON events (context_parent_id)]
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/4xp6)
2020-07-07 13:31:49 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Error during connection setup: (sqlite3.DatabaseError) database disk image is malformed
[SQL: CREATE INDEX ix_events_context_parent_id ON events (context_parent_id)]
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/4xp6) (retrying in 3 seconds)
2020-07-07 13:31:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for recorder: Integration failed to initialize.
2020-07-07 13:31:55 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for wwlln: Integration not found.
2020-07-07 13:31:55 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of logbook. Setup failed for dependencies: recorder
2020-07-07 13:31:55 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for logbook: Could not set up all dependencies.
2020-07-07 13:31:55 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of history. Setup failed for dependencies: recorder
2020-07-07 13:31:55 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for history: Could not set up all dependencies.

At a loss here dont know why it wont load, corrupt sd card?

How would someone do that?..

I haven’t updated yet but I use mariadb in a docker (not add-on) and I would like to head that issue off before I update.

If there is nothing in your database you need to keep, simply delete your database entry restart.

Delete whats in the v2.db folder or delete whole folder?

nevermind its just a file not folder, Thanks!

This worked THANK YOU very much its been broken since I updated to the Pi4, Awesome!!!

Anyone else getting occasional lag since updating to .112?

I have HA OS installing in proxmox on a NUC. It’s been rock solid and instant with all my lighting automations until 112. I now have occasional 5 second lag with all my lights (Hue, Luton and zigbee). If I use the Hue and Lutron apps I get instant on/off consistently. If I use the HA app I get the delayed response at least once in every ten tries. I have restarted HA, rebooted the VM and restarted my entire proxmox instance but the issue remains. I have also noticed that the logs take a little longer to load than it did pre-112.

No errors in the logs. Thoughts anyone?

i use mariadb docker container and i didnt have to do anything

1 Like

Same for me. No issues updating

1 Like