0.113: Automations & Scripts, and even more performance!

I there anyone else who is having a problem with the automatic refresh of the lovelace pages?
I am getting no refresh in many cards that are not updated automatically when the state change, and it will only happen after a reload of the page, especially for the media control cards (like mini-media-player. media-control, skyq component etc…)

Yes, especially history card… which is surprising as this is not custom card, but native.

Maybe because you use only single quotes in your template? I expect there a mix of double and single quotes.

The problem (strange behaiver), is that when I use any number in “brightness_step:” larger than 1 this script works until conditions are met as planed. But when I use “brightness_step: 1” this script iterates only once.

PS I checked - this is not caused by quotes.

yes unfortunately …

this is the cpu usage of the docker image home assistant. As you can see, the CPU usage is ramping up, after each restart. And I did not change ANY code…

See this topic for how to debug:

thank you for reply.

I looked deeper into this, but also have not installed spotcast. I tried to install py-spy. But I am running home assistant on rpi3. And I can not install py-spy on ARM devices with this command ‘pip install py-spy’
And I don’t know how to install prebuilt binaries.

Honestly. I am out. How can there be an update for HomeAssistant wich is buggy and unstable. Producing 100% CPU load on small devices like rpi3.

here on my second machine even more.

there is barely code on this home assistant. Just 3 lights, 8 sensors and a little bit of mqtt send and receive.

yes it’s a known issue, and related to python 3.8 as you described. There’s an open issue on github:

Let bdraco know in the other thread.

Because there aren’t enough people in the beta testing program to test all possible combinations of integrations and addons.

2 Likes

I, like others, I believe, are getting the below message:

Problem is I have no idea where the icons are. I have searched the entire SSD for mdi or icons. The only hit I get is in iconset.js. I am running HASSOS on a NUC.

Any suggestions as to how I find the occurences of the mid/icons?

Update your VSCode addon.

This was fixed in release v2.4.0 released 8 days ago (in PR121).

2 Likes

I’m seeing something similar. Upgraded from 0.111 to 0.113.2 yesterday morning and the baseline CPU usage on my tinkerboard s has increased from ~ 12% consistently to ~ 24% and slightly increasing ever since then. The Cpu usage itself is not an issue and doesn’t impact performance, but it has caused much higher temperatures on the passively cooled tinkerboard (usually 45 degrees, now up to 65 degrees). I haven’t been able to identify a particular component or feature that seems to be responsible.

Which is exactly what is stated (I think more than once in this thread) “it is an addon issue, wait for the addon to be updated”

Do people read? Unlikely it seems!

uname will give you the result for the base OS, which for a docker install or a supervised install may well be ubuntu.

However within a docker container (either a docker install or a supervised install) the packaiging is handled by alpine’s apk system. https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_Linux_package_management

Any one else having the issue that it is not possible with 0.113.x to add new add-on repositories:

I tried on two different systems (0.113.0 and 0.111.3) and with two different browsers (firefox, chromium)

Maybe @nickrout you can (not) confirm the bug?

I added a custom repository not more than 2 hours ago. Make sure your URL is correct before pressing the ADD button.

really weird. I just tried with another client and it’s the same. The url I enter is for sure correct (copy & paste) but there is just no reaction what so ever (error, animation,modal close…) when the the ADD button is clicked. :thinking:

Check the supervisor system logs.

Can confirm it works in 113.3.

1 Like

What’s the URL?

https://github.com/hassio-addons/repository