0.114: Dark mode, Open Z-Wave progress and more automation & scripts

Happened the same to me.
Database is corrupted. I deleted .db file and rebooted home assistant and it fixed the issue.
PS. I did loose all my history.

Interesting. I’ve looked for repeat actions before. Nice :grinning:

What platform/sensors are you using?
I’m using sql with sqlalchemy I believe its called.
I have so many sensors collecting data from mariadb with mysql queries in the sensors yaml.

Had to rollback to 0.113 because everything was broken.
Staying put until I know they have fixed this issue. Opened a git issue but not heard anything yet.

My database is fine as grafana pulls from it.
Its the component ‘sql’ for the sensors that has stopped working.

any one else noticing the rather large delay a Lovelace Refresh now takes? Not sure if this started after 114.1, could be 114.0

Delay is taking up to a minute or more, while before it seemed to have been quicker than ever…

I noticed it after upgrading from 113.3 to 114.2
Since I moved to the new ozw beta at the same time, I thought it could be related somehow (higher CPU usage or something), and have not investigated much. But if more people see the same, I guess it’s something else.

I’ve seen the same thing.

I don’t think it takes a minute but it definitely takes a lot longer than it did before.

Then when you add in the additional “refresh” box that pops up again after every refresh from (I think…) compact header and it just compounds the problem.

Hmm… That’s interesting I just realised mine has recently stopped doing that. I’m still on 113. does that mean 114 makes it happen again?

Or maybe compact Header isn’t the culprit? I have made some big system wide changes recently. Including migrating to Proxmox

114.2 update and my WeMo devices magically started working again.
emulated-hue I had to add the “listen_port” in order for the Alexa discovery to work.

I guess I don’t know for sure.

I assumed it was since the discussion was going on the last time in that thread and then it suddenly stopped. So I assumed the CH was updated to fix it.

It’s a known issue and will be fixed. Until then it takes one command to roll back to the previous version.

ha core update --version=0.113.3

i was under the impression, that you need 0.114 to be able to switch back to light mode, in the app?

0.113 does not have light or dark mode.

tom is saying its a known issue, until its fixed you can rollback. you wont be able to use light/dark mode if you rollback but will allow you to continue till its fixed

Actually…I only upgrade from 113.3 last night and I had “dark mode” in the app on my Samsung Note 10. It essentially followed the mode my phone was set to… When the mobile app upgraded recently, this happened (again pre 114).

When I upgraded to 114, that was when the option to select between dark/light in the mobile app appeared.

1 Like

And that is the problem. I only upgraded from 0.111 to 0.114, because i ONLY got the broken dark mode in 0.111 and no option to switch it back to light mode (in my recently automatically upgraded mobile phones app).

so no, going back is not a workaround. the APP is broken, not the HA server!

the only workaround would be to downgrade the APP and somehow prevent it from being automatically upgraded.

also, if you censor voices like mine, just because i complain about something, that just shows how egomaniacal those devs/community are.
i am glad i’m not supporting any customers with Home Assistant installations. just imagine having 100 customers with HA, and all of them now got a broken app and call you.

please don’t start this… you know just as anyone else (not specifically here, but plain simple irl) that it is not the fact you are complaining. It’s the way you are voicing that complaint.

If you’d asked/complained in a technical and straightforward way, you would have helped yourself a lot better.

nothing to do with

. At least not on the devs/community part of things…

chin up, back to business.

4 Likes

HA isn’t a commercial service. HA isn’t in “STABLE” v1.0 release. Open Source software is free and you can use it as it is provided. You are free to fork your version of HA if you don’t like where it’s going.

2 Likes

So don’t use the app. Try to access HA in the web browser.

2 Likes

You should turn off automatic updates. Not just for this app, but in general. I update all my phone apps when it’s convenient and won’t be a problem when things inevitably break or change. I don’t know why everyone loves having everything in their life automatically update all the time, It always seems to end up being more of an inconvenience than updating them manually.

1 Like