0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

I’m questioning this mode of thinking. Integrations and features are being added with every release while we have a backlog of 1100 issues? Surely it’s better to get the current ones working before we add even more stuff. I love this project and on the most part it is very stable but when things break and we get someone telling us to “join the queue” it doesn’t give anyone a good impression. Priority should be fixing breaking changes not adding features to a broken system, nobody wants to walk into a broken house because HA is falling apart.

3 Likes

There are only a limited amount of people to fix issues, you also have to remember they need a dev who is familiar or own the hardware of the integration. You cant expect those developers who do it in there free time to fix issues they either have no interest in or capability. Also remember a lot of the integrations and features are added by developers outside of the core nabu casa ones, they cant be forced to fix issues on stuff they didnt implement

1 Like

I already knew about the limitations in terms of open source development and I know there are many people like me who “would jump in and help if they knew coding”, doesn’t change a thing I know, but this is the point I’m making: if nobody can, the integration shouldn’t be available. If this integration cannot or won’t be fixed for whatever reason HA team just has to remove it from the catalog, problem solved, say that it’s no longer available on the release notes so we can remove it and move on, but to just sit there with a broken integration hoping it will be fixed when it never will or it will take an unreasonable amount of time is not good for anybody.

1 Like

Since version 0.115, I cannot restart my HA instance from the GUI.
If I call homeassistant.restart from Developer Tools > SERVICES nothing happens.

If I go into Configuration > Server controls and under server management press RESTART, nothing happens. But if I press STOP, then HA stops.

This is the same on Windows with chrome browser, Macbook with Safari, and iOS home assistant companion.

I have to login to the console and initiate a restart.

Anyone else having this issue?

But its working for some people, myself included why should it be removed for those its working for. i use HA container and google tts is working fine
from looking at the issue in the github, it only seems to be on certain architecture arch | armv7

Mine is |arch|x86_64|
| — | — |
|dev|false|
|docker|true|
|hassio|false|
|installation_type|Home Assistant Container|

The github issue has been open for 9 days. That’s hardly “an unreasonable amount of time”.

Also, per your original post, it’s poor etiquette to directly tag developers to get a response.
Please see #16 in “How to help us help you”

“never will or will take an unreasonable amount of time”. Key word is “will”. The future. Sure 9 days isn’t, but if this drags on for 3 months then that’s when my statement applies. Apologies for tagging but it doesn’t seem like this integration is tied to any maintainer!?

It makes sense that you’re not affected if you’re not running on ARM. When I do a config check this shows up:

Platform error tts.google_cloud - Error relocating /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/grpc/_cython/cygrpc.cpython-38-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so: backtrace: symbol not found

I researched, it seems that the Cython/PyZMQ has to be updated but even doing a docker exec -it homeassistant bash and then “su” on the shell to become root, I cannot do apt update / apt-get update, the apt binary isn’t present, so I cannot even try.

This is what I’m saying, it appears the issue is simple to fix so it shouldn’t take a crazy amount of time. I stand by my comments, if the implementation is not going to be supported for all architectures this should be clearly noted on the documentation. I’m not the maintainer so I won’t touch the documentation, does anyone know how to update the packages inside the container?

It has maintainers, they just havent been assigned this issue yet (and that doesnt mean their not aware of it or looking into it, just not formally assigned on github).
Per CODEOWNERS, the TTS integration is “owned” by Pascal (pvizeli) and google_cloud is “owned” by Đ”ŃƒĐ±ĐŸĐČĐžĐș (lufton). It also seems that Pascal may be on vacation this week, FYI.

It looks like individual people (whom have permissions on the repo) go through and tag the specific integration the github issue is related to, then the bot goes ahead and adds the maintainer to the assignees based on the codeowners list.
The issue in question just hasnt been tagged to a specific integration yet, but there are definitely maintainers associated with both google_cloud and TTS.

Thank you for explaining that makes a lot of sense. Hope he’s enjoying his vacation.

1 Like

problems upgrading to 0.115.3
Can’t install homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.115.3 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found (“no such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.115.3: No such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.115.3”).

Do you have the required disk space to perform the upgrade?

i see this in the log
20-09-25 15:46:41 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [supervisor.docker.interface] This error is often caused by not having enough disk space available. Available space in /data is: 13.7 GiB

hassio also reports 47.9% disk use percentage

the first time hassio noted in the logs it crached and rolled back
after that i got the message above. I already rebooted my pi but got the same errors so posted it here on this forum.
Also my zigbee2mqtt was broken: Unknown options availability_blacklist
but got it fixed with reset do defaults and changing my settings again.

Search your automation file for minutes: where the value is ‘’, it needs to be ‘0’ instead.

Thanks for the feedback but I don’t understand what I exactly have to fix in the automation file.
I found something like ;
minutes: ‘/30’
looks the only entry for minutes.
Also my pacakges don’t contain “minutes”

try deleting the / as it wants it to be a number between 0 and 59. BTW I am mostly just guessing as I just fixed my system with a similar error, which was a ‘’ for the hours instead of ‘0’.

Unfortunately not. I already have 0.115.3 and the problem is still there.
Check this : https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/40244

@rnest and @richardcalgary403 You two are talking to the wrong people. Look at the little reply icon in the top right of the posts.

@rnest
Don’t delete '/30' is a valid time pattern trigger. That answer was for someone else.

You seem to have enough space. The release is only 12.5MB. So I am not sure why you are getting that error. Try again later. Also you could try updating from the command line.

ha core update --version=0.115.3

Thanks, man! :+1:

1 Like

all my ZHA devices are offline after going from 0.115.2 to 0.115.3. Looks like others are having problems too. A rollback to 0.115.2 did not fix the problme though. ughhh time to dig through issues on github.