0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Unfortunately not. I already have 0.115.3 and the problem is still there.
Check this : https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/40244

@rnest and @richardcalgary403 You two are talking to the wrong people. Look at the little reply icon in the top right of the posts.

@rnest
Don’t delete '/30' is a valid time pattern trigger. That answer was for someone else.

You seem to have enough space. The release is only 12.5MB. So I am not sure why you are getting that error. Try again later. Also you could try updating from the command line.

ha core update --version=0.115.3

Thanks, man! :+1:

1 Like

all my ZHA devices are offline after going from 0.115.2 to 0.115.3. Looks like others are having problems too. A rollback to 0.115.2 did not fix the problme though. ughhh time to dig through issues on github.

i deleted the / but error is the same

i did try the update many times now but always the same.

That was not a reply to you and not relevant to you read my post above.

The docker containers are not based on debian so quite obviously apt is not going to work. The containers are based on alpinelinux.

Do a config check. If there are errors then HA won’t restart. Restart always does a config check first. You will find there is an error in your config somewhere.

Not sure if this is the right place but I have pulled Docker using home Assistant, (ha):latest and (ha):stable and all still show in config about that the version is 112. Wonder if there’s something up with dockerhub or if the version number isn’t up to date in the app?

I am getting lots of zeroconf error messages in my logs. Running 0.115.3

2020-09-25 19:29:06 ERROR (zeroconf-ServiceBrowser__viziocast._tcp.local.-_printer._tcp.local.-_api._udp.local.-_elg._tcp.local.-_bond._tcp.local.-_ipp._tcp.local.-_axis-video._tcp.local.-_miio._udp.local.-_esphomelib._tcp.local.-_wled._tcp.local.-_plugwise._tcp.local.-_ssh._tcp.local.-_spotify-connect._tcp.local.-_hap._tcp.local.-_xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp.local.-_http._tcp.local.-_dkapi._tcp.local.-_ipps._tcp.local.-_nut._tcp.local.-_daap._tcp.local.-_googlecast._tcp.local.-_Volumio._tcp.local._321) [homeassistant.components.zeroconf] Failed to get info for device Rachio-E4940B.local.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 229, in service_update
    service_info = zeroconf.get_service_info(service_type, name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 2423, in get_service_info
    info = ServiceInfo(type_, name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 1773, in __init__
    if not type_.endswith(service_type_name(name, allow_underscores=True)):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 273, in service_type_name
    raise BadTypeInNameException("Type '%s' must end with '._tcp.local.' or '._udp.local.'" % type_)
zeroconf.BadTypeInNameException: Type 'Rachio-E4940B.local.' must end with '._tcp.local.' or '._udp.local.'

This repeats every 5-10 minutes.

I had the exacts same problem with 115.1.
The only solution was to remove all the devices from ZHA entirely and re-pair them :frowning:

The numbers are correct.
You need to recreate your container after pulling a new image.

Yep. That’s what I ended up doing. Wasn’t too bad just unexpected.

thanks for the pointing that out!

regards

People would not expect that after update they need to change all yaml. I think those which will break after update should be mentioned on update release notes. but hey it is free and awesome any way. thanks for good work.

1 Like

Sorry guys, but 0.115 is the worst ever release!
it’s very raw and poorly tested. Changes of the template engine doubled the processor load without adding significant benefits for user, almost no new automation feature works:

1 Like

Well your first one is a duplicate of an existing issue and you have the wrong syntax for the second issue.

The third issue is a duplicate as well. You really need to search the existing issues before opening a new one.

Last one has wrong configuration.

1 Like

Big changes=big potential for errors. Thank you for creating issues, they assist the community.

There is an issue open for this here https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/39116

1 Like

Thank you, quick googling and I installed the two packages, made no difference unfortunately. I don’t want to break my configuration so I won’t touch it further until this is fixed by someone with more knowledge than me.