0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Same here, no Netatmo weather station although can see it in integrations. Tried deleting and reinstalling but just have unavailable next to all the sensors

1 Like

Great integration. However, so far in ShellyForHass I was able to use the physical switch (input) on the shelly as a binary sensor in hassio while I was able to configure the relay(s) as lights. Both does not seem to work now. For a Shelly 1 I only get one device and one entity, which is the relay, but no binary sensor representing the state of the input. I rolled back to 0.114 for this reason. Any ideas?

0115.5 and Netatmo sensors were working without problems

I canā€™t see any changes from 0.115.5 to 0.116.6 that would cause that, can you? 0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

1 Like

I agree with you ā€¦ As a matter of fact I donā€™t understand why my Netatmo Weather Station sensors became unavailable.

One more info. Netatmo weather app on my iPhone is working flawlessy.
All the usual informations from the station are up and running. The station is connected to the router.

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m wondering what went wrong with Home Assistantā€¦

Nothing went wrong with Home Assistant. This has to do with the Netatmo backend. Please see this thread for further info.

3 Likes

People often equate co-incidence with causation :slight_smile:

1 Like

But the most likely place to look for causes of problems is the last thing that changed right before you notice a problem.

We tell people to check those things all the time when issues come up. So itā€™s not unreasonable to think that they are related until proven (or at least having compelling evidenceā€¦) otherwise.

1 Like

So the first thing you would look at is the changelog. And realise there is no causation.

1 Like

Thank you very much.
The fact that the app worked with no obvious problems misled me. It is also evident that my searches in the community forum have not been sufficiently accurate.
My fault

1 Like

Wait, so youā€™re saying that the only changes ever made to the software are always intentional and are always contained in the change log and there is never the potential for any mistakes (commonly known as bugs)? Please show me the place in the change log were they document intentional bugs put into the system.

That would be immensely useful for everyone here and I think it would help the devs from needing to put out all of these patch releases. They could simply just look at the bug changelog that they made themselves and fix them all before the initial release. :laughing:

2 Likes

Genius idea HAHA :joy:
Why don`t they do this already?

If they didnā€™t change anything else, no new bugs should be introduced.

1 Like

Yeah but thatā€™s why they call them mistakes.

No I am saying that in this particular case a simple look in the change log will tell you the changes are not significant to this problem.

thatā€™s making some assumptions thoā€¦

You assume that the dev only made changes to the things that they intended to change and made no typos/mistakes. You also assume that the dev didnā€™t forget to make a note in the changelog for everything they may have touched. You also have to assume that something didnā€™t get corrupted when the software was being compiled. it only takes a stray bit or two to break things. And you have to assume that nothing got corrupted when the image was downloaded and installed.

it still isnā€™t unreasonable to think that the last change made is the most likely thing to have caused the issue. And if you roll back and it fixes it then itā€™s even more reasonable (not saying thatā€™s what the poster did). At least until someone shows you a more likely cause - which is what someone did.

No reason to ā€œderideā€ someone for simply asking the question ā€œAnyone else experiencing this issue?ā€.

2 Likes

ā€˜shouldā€™ is the key right here.
Unfortunatelly otherwise happen.
Merging in git gives no 100% guarantee that no unintended code gets to the result.

No, the changes made to each file are visible in the GitHub PR. No assumptions required.

2 Likes

Anyone having some climate components loosing the ā€œballā€ to adjust temperature? This in particular is a maxcube radiator thermostat.

Strangely if I open the details pane I can adjust it:

Works for me.