0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Before I break anything I have to ask if I understand it the right way:

So this:

trigger:
  - platform: template
    value_template: >
      {{ states('sensor.hz_temp')|float < states('input_number.starttemp')|float }}
    value_template: "{{ states('sensor.time') == states('input_datetime.mofr')[:5] }}"
    value_template: "{{ states('sensor.time') == states('input_datetime.saso')[:5] }}"

will become to this:

trigger:
  - platform: time
    at:
      - input_datetime.mofr
      - input_datetime.saso

And this:

conditions:
        - condition: state
          entity_id: binary_sensor.workday_sensor
          state: 'off'
        - condition: template
          value_template: "{{ states('sensor.time') >= states('input_datetime.saso')[:5] }}"
          value_template: "{{ states('sensor.time') <= states('input_datetime.ende')[:5] }}"

will be:

conditions:
  - condition: time
    after: input_datetime.saso
    before: input_datetime.ende

And this:

- service: notify.1
    data_template:
      title: ""
      data:
        path: /config/www/cam_captures/{{states('input_text.img_name')}}

to this:

- service: notify.1
    data:
      title: ""
      path: /config/www/cam_captures/{{states('input_text.img_name')}}

And one last thing, I have an automation, a slider in frontend, with the /60 time pattern. Is that broken after update:

- id: 'BrennerSlider'
  alias: Update Brenner Slider
  trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    seconds: /60
  condition:
  - above: '0'
    condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: input_number.brennerminuten
  - condition: state
    entity_id: switch.brenner
    state: 'on'
  action:
  - data_template:
      entity_id: input_number.brennerminuten
      value: '{{states("input_number.brennerminuten") | int -1}}'
    service: input_number.set_value

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Yes, I did.

All your edits look correct to me. Except you can also simplify this: no you cant

trigger:

To

trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.hz_temp
    below: input_number.starttemp

Which I think is an outstanding improvement in ease of use for everyone. this is for conditions only. And even they arenā€™t working.

/60 Is not valid, see the release notes breaking changes. Seconds can only be 0 to 59.

Time Pattern Trigger

The time_pattern trigger will now reject invalid expressions that were previously accepted (but did not work as expected).

For example the minutes: /60 would have been accepted previously, but could never trigger.

Strange thing, when i try to update from 0.114.4 to 0.115.1 it fails. Recently i start a fresh update and want to update to 0.115.1 I search for common issues, and maybe it has something to do with insufficient diskspace. But i have over 50gb free. HA does automaticcly set and create partitions on a new install?

20-09-19 07:19:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Update Home Assistant to version 0.115.1
20-09-19 07:19:52 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Update image homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.114.4 to homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.115.1
20-09-19 07:19:52 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant tag 0.115.1.
20-09-19 07:21:38 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.115.1 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("no such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.115.1: No such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.115.1").
20-09-19 07:21:38 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] This error is often caused by not having enough disk space available. Available space in /data is: 50.2 GiB
20-09-19 07:21:38 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Update Home Assistant image failed
20-09-19 07:21:38 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-19900' coro=<process_lock.<locals>.wrap_api() done, defined at /usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/utils/__init__.py:23> exception=HomeAssistantUpdateError()>

That warning was added as previously it was not clear that the ā€œnot foundā€ error could be caused by lack of disk space. You have no lack of disk space. So it is something else.

Thanks, that are really great improvements :slight_smile:

/60 Is not valid

But how can I get the automation to work like before? Its a slider that will decrease by one every minute. Another automation will trigger when its below 1 (=0). How to do that now?

- platform: time_pattern
    minutes: /1

Oh, I thought wrong about it. But i get it now, its obvious, thanks :smiley:

1 Like

@Coolie1101
I donā€™t know if your problems are the same than mine, but I made an issue at github

To be clear, /60 actually did work before.

The /x format will match 0*x, 1*x, 2*x, etc. so it always matches when the second/minute is at zero. For exactly /60 this is what is expected.

The breaking change was to avoid things like minutes: /90 where the expectation was that it would match every 90 minutes but it actually matched every 60 minutes (again, when at zero).

Even though /60 already worked as expected, it is a sign that the way time_pattern works has been slightly misunderstood. It has thus been disallowed and a fix is to replace it with 0.

3 Likes

Is it also possible to change the template in this case or is this still the way to go :slight_smile: :

action:
  - service_template: >
      {% if states('sensor.time') == states('input_datetime.start')[:5] %}
        switch.turn_on
      {% else %}
        switch.turn_off
      {% endif %}
    entity_id: switch.stecker_1

Just change service_template to service.

Wow! What a release!

Looking at some of the new integrations, I noticed they donā€™t have an IoT class listed. Is this an oversight or is that indicator abandoned? When I first discovered Home Assistant, having a clear indication of which integrations had what kind of Local or Cloud support was a big attraction. Even now itā€™s one of the things I tout to potential home-automating friends, who agree itā€™s a really useful piece of documentation.

Would definitely request the continued listing of IoT class for each integration!

Thanks!

If you find integrations that are missing it, please raise an issue on GitHub about that.

Thanks, will do. I have another problem. I simplified that part below like you suggested but the automation is not accepted with that part:

trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.hz_temp
    above: input_number.endtemp

Any Ideas why? Thats in log:

Invalid config for [automation]: expected float for dictionary value @ data['above']. Got None.

Hmm. Maybe itā€™s only conditions where you can do that, not triggers.

https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2020/09/17/release-115/#use-input_-helpers-in-conditions

Will do, thanks!

Nope, also have conditions in the same style:

Also not working. Guess he donā€™t like the floatā€¦

Thereā€™s an example for conditions almost exactly like yourā€™s:

conditions:
  - condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: climate.living_room_thermostat
    attribute: temperature
    above: input_number.temperature_threshold_low
    below: input_number.temperature_threshold_high

anyone else seeing Appdaemon 3 not starting up:

clicking start gives:

while the log remains unpopulated.
Before you say I need AD 4: I cant because my app isnt compatible, and I dont know how to make itā€¦ several knowledgeable people have triedā€¦