0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Hi, is there any better documentation for the new met.no integration available? Iā€™m using yr sensors very extensive (sensors for 8 hourly precipitation forecasts) and have no idea, what I can expect from the met.no integration as suggested replacement.
Does anybody have met.no activated an can provide info about the weather sensor which I expect provide the needed info

The Met.no does not provide any sensors. You can make template sensors from the attributes if needed.

You can also have a look at: https://github.com/Danielhiversen/home_assistant_weather_data

1 Like

Wow, so easy. Thank you. Made my day!

@anon43302295

only now do I notice the big yellow warning block at:

which seems to be what I am experiencing, albeit expressed somewhat fuzzy :slight_smile:
in fact, condensed, it says we can use the shorthand notation anywhere, but in the condition blocks of automations and scripts.

Hope that we can anytime soon in the future

1 Like

Iā€™m getting this exact same error.

but I DO have ā€œ- platform: yrā€ in my sensor.yaml

I donā€™t know why itā€™s not seeing it.

Is 0.115.4 coming soon? The broken play_stream for cameras is killing me. I wish i had a snapshot from 0.114 but sadly my auto backup failed so i only have 0.112 and spotcast doesnā€™t work unless its 0.113 or greater.

You donā€™t need it. Just roll back using the CLI.

ha core update --version=x.y.z

The fix is in the github issue.

Hi Frenck,
Now we can use shorthand templates (thanks! so nice) please let me ask if the team is also working on allowing the shorthand template notation in the action blocks of automations and sequences in scripts? Seems these are the only places we now canā€™t use those, and it would be really nice if we couldā€¦

go from the current:

sequence:
    - condition: template
      value_template: >
        {{states('group.person') != 'home'}}
    - condition: state
      entity_id: switch.dorm
      state: 'on'

to

sequence:
    - > #using multi-line 
        {{states('group.person') != 'home'}}
    - "{{states('group.person') != 'home'}}" #using single-line
    - condition: state
      entity_id: switch.dorm
      state: 'on'

If this is not on the planning now, please let me know if a FR would be useful. Unless of course you say it canā€™t be done in the first place.

in the route to cutting on all _template spots, will the wait_template follow suit?

go from:

sequence:
    - wait_template: >
        {{is_state('device_tracker.person','home')}}

to

sequence:
    - wait: >
        {{is_state('device_tracker.person','home')}}

thanks for considering!

Shorthand condition notation will not be added to sequences and actions. It can be done (Iā€™ve written the code, with tests and is ready to go). However, we choose not to take this approach.

The reason for that is, is that the context is different. In sequence and action blocks, the context is mixed conditions and actions. With some ideas we have for the future, this might cause issues later on.

We want to refactor a bit in the future (on how the code works in the core) and looking at things like: Making the actions, triggers and conditions extensible by integrations. This would be a neat feature, as it would allow (custom) integration to extend the power of the automation engine.

So, yeah, there you go :slight_smile:

aww, ok, thanks for the info. No FR then :wink:
(dont throw away the code, maybe thereā€™s a paradigm change later onā€¦ might come I handy)

anything on the wait_template?

1 Like

Thanks!!! I never knew I could do that!

Hey, this was due to schedular card. Iā€™m convinced you have this installed. The issue happened at the same time HA 115 was released.

This has been fixed with the latest release, so most likely you donā€™t have this issue anymore. Just wanted to let you know, so you what what the cause was.

The new Media Browser works really well with Spotify. Anyone know how I can get the same level of integration work with Plex?

The Spotify integration provides a media player component which provides the browser experience. However, the Plex integration does not provide a media player and therefore no browser experience. Or am I missing something?

Background: I have my personal music collection on Plex. So using the same style browser would be great.

I documented how to get music playing on Chromecast Audio devices here. I want to do the same for Plex.

A complete re-pair! :open_mouth: This is exactly why Iā€™m sticking with Zigbee2MQTT until ZHA is more polishedā€¦

1 Like

Just one question:
Does the forecast: 24 provide the precipitation for the next 24 hours in total or the precipitation at the 24th hour from now?

Wow, you are probably right. I canā€™t recall deleting the old container, but itā€™s on autopilot now for a couple of years. I recollect getting an error though with the make command if the existing container of the same name isnā€™t deleted. Anyway, itā€™s going now! Thanks

Media players for Plex get created when you play something on the app

Hm 115.4 and Broadlink discovery is still broken. :-o I had perfectly working three RMs in 114, but from 115 there are not discovered and I think this is because of this (as I have several networks connected to HA - for security seasons I have network zone dedicated to smart devices, which is different to HA main network interface)

This bug has severe consequences for meā€¦

same error here