0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

I upgraded to 0.115.4 and my issues are resolved. I coulnā€™t upgrade to 0.115.3 but no issues with 0.115.4

Depends what kind of issues you had. What I described is Broadlink devices not detected in HA with multiple network interfaces. As far as I understand, this was solved in the broadlink library 5 days ago BUT NOT MERGED into 0.115.4ā€¦ which is rather disappointing.

Excelent release filled with lots of goodies. However I believe Amazon Polly integration broke somewhere between 0.115.3 or 0.115.4. Because it was working perfectly on 0.115.2 and on 0.115.4 itā€™s not.

Iā€™m getting this error whenever I call on a service: tts.amazon_polly_say :

2020-09-28 17:10:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140658621668560] Invalid MultiSpec data: TextFrame(encoding=<Encoding.UTF8: 3>, text=['Miguel'])
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/easyid3.py", line 124, in setter
    frame = id3[frameid]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py", line 537, in __getitem__
    return self.__dict[key]
KeyError: 'TPE1'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 137, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1315, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1350, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 168, in async_say_handle
    url = await tts.async_get_url(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 341, in async_get_url
    filename = await self.async_get_tts_audio(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 368, in async_get_tts_audio
    data = self.write_tags(filename, data, provider, message, language, options)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 471, in write_tags
    tts_file["artist"] = ID3Text(encoding=3, text=artist)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/_file.py", line 74, in __setitem__
    self.tags[key] = value
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/easyid3.py", line 222, in __setitem__
    return func(self.__id3, key, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/easyid3.py", line 126, in setter
    id3.add(mutagen.id3.Frames[frameid](encoding=3, text=value))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_frames.py", line 65, in __init__
    setattr(self, checker.name,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_frames.py", line 76, in __setattr__
    self._setattr(name, checker.validate(self, value))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_specs.py", line 533, in validate
    raise ValueError('Invalid MultiSpec data: %r' % value)
ValueError: Invalid MultiSpec data: TextFrame(encoding=<Encoding.UTF8: 3>, text=['Miguel'])
2020-09-28 17:10:31 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.forced_sensor_updates_ticker_every_1_seconds] Forced Sensor Updates_ticker every 1 seconds: Already running
2020-09-28 17:10:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140658621668560] Invalid MultiSpec data: TextFrame(encoding=<Encoding.UTF8: 3>, text=['Miguel'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/easyid3.py", line 124, in setter
    frame = id3[frameid]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/_util.py", line 537, in __getitem__
    return self.__dict[key]

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 137, in handle_call_service
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1350, in _execute_service
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 168, in async_say_handle
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 341, in async_get_url
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 368, in async_get_tts_audio
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 471, in write_tags
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/_file.py", line 74, in __setitem__
    self.tags[key] = value
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/easyid3.py", line 222, in __setitem__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/easyid3.py", line 126, in setter
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_frames.py", line 65, in __init__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_frames.py", line 76, in __setattr__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_specs.py", line 533, in validate
ValueError: Invalid MultiSpec data: TextFrame(encoding=<Encoding.UTF8: 3>, text=['Miguel'])
2020-09-28 17:10:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140658621668560] Invalid MultiSpec data: TextFrame(encoding=<Encoding.UTF8: 3>, text=['Miguel'])
    frame = id3[frameid]
    return self.__dict[key]

task.result()
    self.tags[key] = value
2020-09-28 17:11:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140658621668560] Invalid MultiSpec data: TextFrame(encoding=<Encoding.UTF8: 3>, text=['Miguel'])
    frame = id3[frameid]
    return self.__dict[key]

task.result()
    self.tags[key] = value

I tried different known Amazon Polly voices and its the same, upon return to 0.115.2 Amazon_polly_say works as intended.

Anybody else experiencing this?

updating to 115.4 throws completely new errors:

Unexpected error for call_service at pos 8: Invalid MultiSpec data: TextFrame(encoding=<Encoding.UTF8: 3>, text=['nl'])

and

frame = id3[frameid]
    return self.__dict[key]

this seems to be happening when trying to use tts and send a notification to the google Home speakersā€¦ didnt change anything in the scripts, automations or anything else related to the setup.

anyone else seeing this?

edit

@mondomx we cross posted :wink:
and yes 115.3 was still working, so this is definitely from 115.3 to 115.4

2 Likes

well, gotta call it a night, will downgrade to 115.3, and hope to create an issue. Or will you do so?

NM, made it: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/40731

please add to this with your info/issue

Do wish these builds are tested more thoroughly before they are releasedā€¦

1 Like

Same here. TTS didnā€™t work today using Google Translate Say.

1 Like

Looks like they are working on the fix for the google cloud fix. Just gotta be patient :slight_smile:

This should be fixed in 0.115.4

• Pin gRPC to 1.31.0 to workaround amrv7 issues (@frenck - #40678)

Same here. TTS didnā€™t work today using Google Translate Say.
Am On 0.115.4

Just as i posted this 0.115.5 came out and the TTS is working again thanks @frenck.

1 Like

Some observations that I have since 0.115:

• after each version update initiated under Supervisor in UI I have to reboot, because a lot of sensors remain unavailable
  • the new media library is not working for Sonos. When I click on it I get an (assumed) endless spinner and screen is freezed then, even need to kill and restart the app on iOS
  • broadlink remotes worked after I made the required breaking changes, but now they are not responding anymore Solved this one. Seemed that the remote was turned off , probably a default after restart.

After updating to 115.x Iā€™ve seen a significant increase in CPU usage. Iā€™ve updated to the most recent update (v115.5) and it is still an issue.

It was so bad that Iā€™ve had to downgrade back to v114.2 to fix it.

For anyone experiencing the same issue here is the bug report I just submitted:

if you are experiencing the same thing then please feel free to add your input there.

EDIT:

I didnā€™t know there was already an issue that was still open.

I thought that issue had been closed already. Added my info to that one and closed mine.

Yes. But no info on a sollution.
Motion worked with my camera and suddenly it didnt and ā€œFailed to fetch ONVIF PullPoint subscription messages forā€ started appearing in log.

Has your manufacturer disabled onvif in a firmware upgrade? This seems to be a different error but refers to manufacturers disabling onvif https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/37101

please let me ask another thing, since weā€™ve now got the expand() function working very nicely in the new template engine. This new way of templating is proving costly when templates use the {{states|ā€¦}} variants, creating listeners on all states, which are updated constantly. Bdraco is working hard on improving on that.
Yet, Iā€™ve found this related issue, also very costly now, and it has to do with automations using

platform: event
      event_type: state_changed

also creating listeners on all states.

example:

- alias: GitHub boolean updates sensor
    id: GitHub boolean updates sensor
    trigger:
#      platform: state
#      entity_id: >
#        {{expand('group.github_repo_updates')|map(attribute='entity_id')|join(',')}}
      platform: event
      event_type: state_changed
    condition:
      >
        {{trigger.event.data.entity_id in
            state_attr('group.github_repo_updates','entity_id')}}

the condition checks if the triggering state_change is for one of the input_booleans made for each repo used in the HA instance, which is quite the numberā€¦ so you can imagine I donā€™t like to write them all out individually

In the commented section, Ive illustrated a way to do the same, using the expand() function, if allowed for triggering, (which it nw obviously isnā€™t). very elegant, foolproof, and no further conditions needed. It would need to allow a template for the state trigger. this point work for template trigger, since that needs an evaluation to ā€˜Trueā€™.

long story short: will you allow this to happen, and/or is it already in development. Do think I made a FR earlier, but would gladly do so once more if needed.

btw below the reason for not writing the entities individually:

thanks for having a look if you would.

Awsome update!! Many thanks to all who contributed to it and of course all the historic ones.
This is really a great piece of software. And itā€™s so much fun to spend my time here.
:bouquet: :champagne: :birthday:

any chance of the ping errors are going to be fixed making 0.115 unusable.

Hi All,

I have a button that automatically navigate to the media_browser but i want to know if itā€™s possible to navigate straight into kodi. For example: /media_browser/kodi_player/movies

Is that possible?

If there is an issue posted to GitHub about it, then most likely.
If there is not an issue for it, then most likely not.

2 Likes

After the 115.5 update Onkyo and SamsungTV Tizen show errors

Platform error remote.onkyo - No module named ā€˜homeassistant.components.onkyo.remoteā€™

Platform error remote.samsungtv_tizen - No module named ā€˜custom_components.samsungtv_tizen.remoteā€™
Platform error remote.samsungtv_tizen - No module named ā€˜custom_components.samsungtv_tizen.remoteā€™

any Idea why??

Thanks

Is this a custom component? I donā€™t see a integration for onkyo remotes, only the integration for the onkyo receiver.

The SamsungTV Tizen integration is a custom one, you should open a separate topic for this as it is not a problem with Home Assistant Core.

Anyway, do you have the folder ā€œcustom_componentsā€ and the needed files are in there in the folder ā€œsamsungtv_tizenā€?