0.117: Quick Bar, compact header, a YAML editor, XBox and Template types

Thanks for the heads-up

Unless you want to do something like a search and replace across all automations (changed sensor name for example).

My climate devices from my fibaro hc2 stoppen working Sinne the update, they are unreachbar. An ideas why?

I have the same problem with my MODbus climate sensors…
It seems like the “climates” integration is missing,
“Component error: climates - Integration ‘climates’ not found.”

I found a small issue with the new compact header on the mobile view (see red on the screenshot)

Can you simulate this with the mobile sim feature in devtools, and continously reproduce this?

tldr; what’s the direction/advice for configuration as code/automate-able builds of HA going forward?

Is there a roadmap or anything that I can check, particularly on the direction HA is going for reproducible builds? I was going heavily down the route of YAML based configuration with automating updates, and keeping config changes in git and all the usual there, but then started running into integrations that have moved to UI only configuration.

Seeing the latest release note it’s showing more things going to UI only configuration while others are currently YAML only. Trying to figure out which way things are headed eventually as to where to spend my time as far as automation goes for a couple HA systems. Is there a CLI, API or other method of automating UI only integrations?

1 Like

Same for me. Seemed fine for a few hours, but thenlights and lightgroups went crazy.
0.117.1 didn’t help, back to 0.116.4 all sensors and lights came back to life.

This issue should be fixed now in 117.1, btw (see: https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/pull/7506). Can you re-enable and verify?

There were several issues with using Ctrl+P and Ctrl+Shift+P (and using modifier keys in general):

1. If you lose page focus without realizing it (switching tabs, or clicking sidebar (challenging bug)) you’d launch the print dialog which is particularly annoying. For some folks this would immediately start printing out HA :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. Firefox doesn’t let you override Ctrl+Shift+P as it’s reserved for opening private window
  3. Windows has “ctrl”, but macs have “command” and “ctrl”. So you have to juggle OS logic
  4. In general, overriding browser shortcuts is bad for accessibility. (single letter shortcuts have problems too, but it seems to still be preferred in most web apps today e.g. github)

I had no idea going into this how tricky shortcuts are in the web world. Very hard to come up with a maintainable set of defaults that works for all OS/browser/users with disabilities.

1 Like

Shortcuts aside, could this not be launched from the little 3-dot menu so that everyone can access it regardless of keyboards and shortcuts and whatever else?

3-dot menu doesn’t exist on all pages, sadly.

The option for a clickable that I’m currently pitching is a double-tap action on the word “Home Assistant” in expanded sidebar.

It’s a big click target, it’s available on all pages, it works equally well for web and mobile, takes up zero additional screen real estate (important for mobile), and users already associate the long-press action on that text with editing their sidebar.

So far that’s the best option and I’ll be trying to get it into 118

3 Likes

117.1 Check Home Assistant Configuration fails. Error is logged in Supervisor.
udevadm device triggering failed!

I have remained on 117 until Check Config succeeds. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

You guys rock!
On my iPad:

• installed 0.117.1
  • I re-enable “Keyboard shortcuts”,
  • force quit the Home Assistant app
  • then tried to edit an automation.

I can now type “e” and “c” without the Quick Bar popping up.
Thank you very much!

1 Like

Wait… what? Panasonic Viera TVs now have power control? I could always turn off, but thought turning on was impossible because when it was off, it wasn’t listening on the network? Turning on works?

Edit: Nevermind, I see my model has a disclaimer in the integration docs:

• TC-P60ST50 (can’t power on)

Yeah mine does now (TH-P60ST50A), it only turned off before.

Had a similar issue, with errors in the logs saying that the conbee couldn’t be started, even though it was still showing as recognised in the integrations page, I tried rolling back that wouldn’t clear the error in the logs, fortunately I had an unused supervised VM so I passed through the conbee to that and created a new zha integration and then applied 116.4 snapshots to that and then tried updating to 117. Again the logs showed the same error, this time I decided to force HA to communicate with the conbee by putting it into add devices mode, I didn’t add any new devices but watched the log and saw that it was receiving signals from my aquara motion detectors. So far it seems to be working.

After a restart there are no errors in the general log, however, the core log still shows the following -

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 147, in async_initialize
   self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 68, in new
   await app.startup(auto_form)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 65, in startup
   await self._api.connect()
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 245, in connect
   self._uart = await zigpy_deconz.uart.connect(self._config, self)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/uart.py", line 133, in connect
   _, protocol = await serial_asyncio.create_serial_connection(
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 124, in coro
   res = func(*args, **kw)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial_asyncio/__init__.py", line 410, in create_serial_connection
   ser = serial.serial_for_url(*args, **kwargs)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial/__init__.py", line 88, in serial_for_url
   instance.open()
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 268, in open
   raise SerialException(msg.errno, "could not open port {}: {}".format(self._port, msg))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 19] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2190991-if00: [Errno 19] No such device: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2190991-if00'
2020-10-31 13:58:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry for zha not ready yet. Retrying in 5 seconds
2020-10-31 14:03:36 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.api] Command Command.write_parameter (2, <NetworkParameter.permit_join: 33>, b'<')
2020-10-31 14:03:36 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.uart] Send: 0x0b170009000200213c
2020-10-31 14:03:36 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.uart] Frame received: 0x0b17000800010021

Hi Codec

9.0.0.3 is a dev/beta version, Digiblur discusses installing Tasmota 9.0.0.3 and the Tasmota Integration in his live stream

I was suggesting to use ctrl/cmd+k, not “p”.